Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Another Security System Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 01:44 PM
niklndymer
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Security System Issue

I have just installed a 68200-07 Smart Security System on my '07 Ultra. The physical installation was a snap, once the module was located. The TSM/TSSM ECM password learn proceedure was followed and all confirmations went well. It seems the system will not arm. The bike will start and operate as normal.

I do not know if I am missing a step, or if the final actuation is a "dealer-only" necessity (as per the supplied instructions). I have read and researched everything I can get my hands on, and am still a bit in the dark.

I can elaborate more if it helps.

Thanks to those who can shed some light on this well-beaten topic.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:30 PM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

Dealer told me they had to do something with the computer. Don't know the details tho.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:26 AM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The Harley Service Manual explains how to setup the alarm without going to the dealer. It is a tedious process at best.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:39 PM
nscrfan17
Stage I

If you followed the steps to "marry" the new security module to the ECM then you have to have the dealer use "Digital Technician" to put in the key fob codes and activate it. Did this to my '08 Ultra....dealer charged me 1/2 hour labor!

Old 07-02-2009, 08:06 PM
niklndymer
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by miacycles
The Harley Service Manual explains how to setup the alarm without going to the dealer. It is a tedious process at best.
I would do the activation myself if I could. I have gotten lots of differing advice stating that it is a dealer-only procedure and others say that it can be "owner-performed". I have even had 1 dealer refuse the actuation because they did not install the system.
Any ideas?

Old 07-07-2009, 07:39 AM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

First don't ever go back to that dealer. Second in the HD manual there is a section that details setting up the alarm without going to the dealer, as stated it is tedious and may take more than one attempt, don't ask how I know!!!!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:18 PM
niklndymer
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by miacycles
First don't ever go back to that dealer. Second in the HD manual there is a section that details setting up the alarm without going to the dealer, as stated it is tedious and may take more than one attempt, don't ask how I know!!!!
(I would LOVE to ask how you know...)
I buckled, and went to a DIFFERENT dealer. I will never go to the one where I was snubbed. I went through the tedious "marrying" procedure that was listed, and could still not arm the system, and therefore could not set the PIN.
I was defeated, or at least felt so. But, the good news is that I ended up going to a very nice dealership and got the activation and 1 additional fob, for $70. I am not crying too loud about that. After owning LOTS of different bikes, and owning Harley's for the last 15, it is the FIRST time I have ever had any service work done at a dealership, or anywhere else for that matter, outside of my shop.
Thanks for the input everyone. And now, to check out that neat little Radio Shack alarm... Hmmm...

Old 08-12-2009, 03:44 AM
christina2009
Stage I

Originally Posted by niklndymer
I have just installed a 68200-07 Smart Security System on my '07 Ultra. The physical installation was a snap, once the module was located. The TSM/TSSM ECM password learn proceedure was followed and all confirmations went well. It seems the system will not arm. The bike will start and operate as normal.

I do not know if I am missing a step, or if the final actuation is a "dealer-only" necessity (as per the supplied instructions). I have read and researched everything I can get my hands on, and am still a bit in the dark.

I can elaborate more if it helps.

Thanks to those who can shed some light on this well-beaten topic.
I think this is enough .....
I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way
comparatif simulation taux pret auto - taux pret auto differe selon la prise en compte ... calculent automatiquement le taux pour un prêt automobile donne.comparatif simulation taux pret auto