Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

having touble with my turn signal, it does not blink

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 12:02 AM
jackietan
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default having touble with my turn signal, it does not blink

yesterday there is a touble to my right handed turn signal. it does not blink

here my setting before the trouble start: the front signal light remain lighted after my bike is on, the rear signal light is not lighted until the turn signal button is press. when pressing the signal button, the front signal 1st filament(in the bulb) remain lighted with the 2nd filament(in the bulb) blinking, the rear signal blink with one filament(in the bulb).

now the trouble come and happen to my right signal light: after press the right signal button, the right handed front signal lighted with both filament(in the bulb) but does not blink, and the rear signal lighted with one filament and does not blink too.

if i activate hazard light, front left & rear left & right signal light will blink and the front right signal remain lighted only and not blinking. all lights are earth well.

hope i do not write it too complicate to understand and there is someone can tell me how i can troubleshoot it.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:42 AM
Turn2HD
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably not this, but mine did the same thing when my tire eat through the insulation on one of the wires under the rear fender. it came out of the mounting clip just by where wire comes through the fender to the rear turn signal. In other words it could be a short somewhere on the side that is not blinking.