Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Code B1007? Help Plz

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 04:50 PM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code B1007? Help Plz

Just went for a ride on my bike and as I was riding the bike died and started up while i was riding, it did this like 5 times on the way into town, and like 5 times on the way back, it did it at like 50-60mph..So i got home and found that I had a Code..It says

B1007 Ignition Line Overvoltage Instruments

I have no idea what or where to start

Does anyone have a clue or has anyone ever pulled this code on their bike? I'm a little confused but I dont rly know what to do, Im going to give me HD Dealer a call tomorrow if I dont get some ideas plz

Old 06-15-2009, 11:16 PM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most likely your voltage regulator quit working. It's the little box with the fins at the bottom of the down tubes on the frame, right in front of the oil filter. You can check it by measuring the voltage at the battery. With the bike running it should stay at about 14V. If it rises with engine speed then the voltage regulator isn't working. The B1007 means the voltage was over 16V for more than 5s. So it occasionally spikes to 14.3V isn't a problem, it stays at 15V until you let off the throttle is a problem.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:06 PM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain

Thanks LilBudy I tried posting in the Dyna section with no luck..Is there anything else I should check while I'm at it? Or is that pretty much the most logical thing to look at first?

Old 06-16-2009, 03:21 PM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain

Well I just checked with a voltage meter, and the highest the meter spiked to was 14.29, at first on the start up battery was at 12.48..so now I am back to square one..maybe there is some water in my connections to my Power Commander? and made it spike? I had gotten caught in a nice little downpour bout a week or so ago but i would imagine it would of did it that week as well?

Old 06-16-2009, 05:59 PM
txtec
Banned

check your battery connections,especialy the ground.if they loose contact to the battery the voltage will spike causing the code.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:20 PM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain

Just did that as well, I found that the + side of the battery cables were loose and not so much the - side but I tightened them up again..I was also told it maybe a pinched wire underneath the tank? going to check for that hopefully tomorrow..My next question is if I fix the code would the code be gone if I checked it again or would I have to clear it first then see if it comes back?

Old 07-27-2011, 10:34 PM
pcjnky
Stage I
Default follow up on this issue, help please

Originally Posted by EDZ82FXR
Just went for a ride on my bike and as I was riding the bike died and started up while i was riding, it did this like 5 times on the way into town, and like 5 times on the way back, it did it at like 50-60mph..So i got home and found that I had a Code..It says

B1007 Ignition Line Overvoltage Instruments

I have no idea what or where to start

Does anyone have a clue or has anyone ever pulled this code on their bike? I'm a little confused but I dont rly know what to do, Im going to give me HD Dealer a call tomorrow if I dont get some ideas plz
I know this is a pretty old post.. hope you are still around. Did you ever get this issue resolved, and if so, do you remember what was causing the issue. My Bike started doing this same behavior about a month ago, and it ended up causing me to go down. I just got my bike back from the shop 2 days ago. Harley had a hard time reproducing the issue. They ended up telling me that the Voltage regulator was shot, so I replaced it. The bike rode home great (no issue) but it started acting up again, and now a lot worse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
--Jeff
2007 FXDWG, bone stock.