Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TSSM to TSM swap part number

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 03:31 PM
r00k
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TSSM to TSM swap part number

I already asked this question in the Dyna section but figured that I might be able to get a definitive response from they guys that hang out here.

My TSSM is fried and isn't covered by the warranty so I am looking to swap it with a TSM since I don't find the Security Portion of the Module very useful.

It appears that the part 68921-07 is the stock TSM for a 2007 Dyna FXDB (Street bob) and can be found on ebay for $30-$60. My question is will this part work and will I have to marry the TSM to the ECM?

Any info would be appreciated.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know if this will directly answer your question, but judging by looking at the schematics in my electrical manual, it would appear that the TSM and TSSM are interchangeable. The schematic doesn't differentiate between the two, and is listed as "TSM/TSSM Wiring." Keep in mind my bike is a 08 Dyna, but can't think that it would matter too much between the 2 years. Run the question by the service guy at your local dealer if you can't find any love here. I'm educatedly guessing that the TSM will simply be lacking a couple extra wires used for the TSSM, but that the Deutsch connector (or whichever type of connector used on the 07s) will marry up just fine.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:15 PM
r00k
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, from everything that I can find it appears that I'll just have to ditch the antenna/alarm feed/ (no real need for it anyway) and just connect to TSM straight to the harness.

I'm confident enough that the part will work to drop sub $100 on it, but I'll try to confirm the compatibility with the dealer (not having a lot of confidence in them right now ).

Old 05-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Harness

Originally Posted by r00k
Thanks, from everything that I can find it appears that I'll just have to ditch the antenna/alarm feed/ (no real need for it anyway) and just connect to TSM straight to the harness.

I'm confident enough that the part will work to drop sub $100 on it, but I'll try to confirm the compatibility with the dealer (not having a lot of confidence in them right now :( ).
I understand that; some of the service guys can be a bit on the obtuse side. Good luck.