Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

bike popping at steady throttle?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 11:10 AM
eddieape81
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bike popping at steady throttle?

Need some advice guys. I have an 06 dyna, 95" kit , thunderheader exhaust and a pc-III.
It has plenty of power, but, if im holding the throttle at a steady position while crusing in lower gears around town, the bike starts popping is the best way that i can describe it. It's not as sharp as a decel pop, but it does start to break up a bit. ITs also really noticiable when first taking off after warmup, it almost seems like its missing, but then goes away after a few minutes and again just breaks up if the throttle is held in a steady position. I did it more with the map that the dealer did after my build, Ive tried a different map, and it still does it but not as bad. Any thoughts on what might cause this? Should I add or take away fuel? Cant seem to find any exhaust or intake leaks so I'm leaning towards the map. Any help would be appreciated.
eddie