Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

throttle reset

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Jessie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up throttle reset

Guy's what is the best way to reset your throttle on a PCIII USB with scoot running or not ? Dyna jet say's for an 07 dyna warmed up and running, Jamie at fuelmoto say's not running just turned on ignition and run switch on ! I have to borrow a lap top to do this so I want to get it right and what will benifits be to engage the revxtender ?

Last edited by Jessie; 05-02-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:26 AM
relxn88
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jessie
Guy's what is the best way to reset your throttle on a PCIII USB with scoot running or not ? Dyna jet say's for an 07 dyna warmed up and running, Jamie at fuelmoto say's not running just turned on ignition and run switch on ! I have to borrow a lap top to do this so I want to get it right and what will benifits be to engage the revxtender ?
If you reset the 0 throttle with the engine cold, when the IAC retracts(changes throttle blade postion and in-turn throttle sensor position), your 0 throttle will have changed. You wouldn't adjust your cars idle with the choke on! Always adjust 0 throttle with engine completely warmed up. You should use a laptop with the Control Center software program installed on it (you can get it on-line from Power Commander or the disc that came with the PCUSB). The Control Center program gives you several abilities, including, being able to monitor rpms and zero out or reset 100% throttle position. Read the instructions before attempting to do anything. Just my 2cents.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Bent Wrench
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by relxn88
If you reset the 0 throttle with the engine cold, when the IAC retracts(changes throttle blade postion and in-turn throttle sensor position), your 0 throttle will have changed. You wouldn't adjust your cars idle with the choke on! Always adjust 0 throttle with engine completely warmed up.
This applies only with the Magnetti Mirelli system which has an ISC, not an IAC like the Delphi system.

The ISC works directly on the throttle lever of the TB and will cause a change in TPS.

An IAC is separate from the throttle and controls an air bypass, does not affect TPS.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:39 PM
relxn88
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bent Wrench
This applies only with the Magnetti Mirelli system which has an ISC, not an IAC like the Delphi system.

The ISC works directly on the throttle lever of the TB and will cause a change in TPS.

An IAC is separate from the throttle and controls an air bypass, does not affect TPS.
http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...downloads.aspx
07DYNA. This is the directions (from power commander web site)for adjusting the Throttle on the PCUSB.
The very first part states to have the bike warmed up. The reason is the IAC stepper will have the engine idling higher than it normally would when it's warmed up. So, if the engine is cold and idling at 1300rpms and you reset the PCUSB to "0" out the idle, than the PCusb will think 1300 is the warmed idle. You can do what you want, but I would use the manufacturers directions. Or, you can do it cold and if there's a problem, reset it when the engines warmed up. Just my 2cents

Old 05-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Jessie
Cruiser
Thumbs up Throttle reset

Ok Guy's I just got to reset the throttle when running and warmed up as opposed to off not running but turned on like Jamie at fuel moto sugested I did it the way Criss at Dynatec said and it seems to run fine so far I also uped the revxtender so I will let you know after I put a few mile's on her ! Thank you all for your suggestion's !