Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

wiring 06 ultra, running lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 12:44 PM
crampfan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wiring 06 ultra, running lights

I have a problem with an ultra, it keeps blowing the running light fuse after a short run.
anyone have a wiring diagram?

Old 04-29-2009, 05:26 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

crampfan. can you tell me if you've done any upgrades lately to things such as the switch housings, etc. how about tattle tale signs such as it happens when you depress the brake levers, the clutch lever, etc.
the two things I would check right off the bat are the front running lights where they mount there are two wires coming from each light through the lamp assembly. make sure the wires are not pinched there. also check the switch housings as this seems to be a common place of locating pinched wiring. maybe a tie wrap came loose in the switch housing (left as you're sitting on the bike)

hope that helps
Todd

Old 04-29-2009, 09:08 AM
crampfan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
crampfan. can you tell me if you've done any upgrades lately to things such as the switch housings, etc. how about tattle tale signs such as it happens when you depress the brake levers, the clutch lever, etc.
the two things I would check right off the bat are the front running lights where they mount there are two wires coming from each light through the lamp assembly. make sure the wires are not pinched there. also check the switch housings as this seems to be a common place of locating pinched wiring. maybe a tie wrap came loose in the switch housing (left as you're sitting on the bike)

hope that helps
Todd
no mods that I know of. it's pretty random, some times it will go a couple of hours, some times in a few mins. can't tell whats triggering it, I have tried gently pulling wires, to see if I can pop the fuse, and it seems that the bike has to be moving. (lucky me huh?)
I need to see if anything else is on the circuit.