Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Cam's and the PC-V.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 11:38 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
Not much of a need, spent lots of time looking at Dynojet's products before going with the SERT. I'm just not keen on toating around another piece of electronics when I can alter the map in the factory ECM.
SERT/SEST/TTS are all excellent EFI controllers, but when you make hardware changes with these you'll need to perform a dyno-tune. If you studied DJ products (PC) before you purchased SERT you were looking at the PCIII, as the PCV or PCV-AT were not available at that time. The PCV-AT changes everything, IMO, and adding another piece of hardware is no functional limitation.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:24 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
SERT/SEST/TTS are all excellent EFI controllers, but when you make hardware changes with these you'll need to perform a dyno-tune. If you studied DJ products (PC) before you purchased SERT you were looking at the PCIII, as the PCV or PCV-AT were not available at that time. The PCV-AT changes everything, IMO, and adding another piece of hardware is no functional limitation.
I don't think Auto tune is all its cracked up to be, its realy not auto tune when you have to tote a lap top and fiddle with trim tables. If it was the cats meow there wouldn't be people ditching it in favor of the SERT or TTS.