Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

HELP...no tail light, running lights or rear brake light

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 01:47 AM
NoBoZoS
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP...no tail light, running lights or rear brake light

Well I've had a day from hell getting my bike out of winter slumber.....
I believe I had tail lights, running lights (rear) and brake lights before i put her away...now nothing.
I checked the bulb...looked good....rear signals work fine....front signals/running lights are fine as well as headlight high and low....
I did replace the seat today but I've since removed it to check to see if any wires were cut/pinched but all looked fine...SO my question....what the hell could be wrong?
I'm frustrated to no end...I have a service appointment on Monday....a three hour ride away and I don't want to ride with no brake light....I'd be waiting for some dip$hit ride up my butt when I stop...
can someone please help me solve this mystery?

Thanks

Old 05-05-2006, 11:15 AM
BigGeorge
Road Captain
Default RE: HELP...no tail light, running lights or rear brake light

Start with a test light (probe type) at the tail light socket and work your way forward checking for power and checking the condition of all wiring up to the connector. Somwhere along the line you have a bad connection or broken wires. You did not mention the year or model of your bike but if you have or can get a service manual there should be an electrical schematic that will get you looking in the right places.......................BG

Old 05-05-2006, 07:41 PM
NoBoZoS
Advanced

I give up....I looked the bike over for hours....all wiring and connectors look good...the fuses are fine...must be some type of relay gone...Thank God for warranties...Oh well off to the dealer Monday for service anyway...hopefully no dipshit will run into the back of me.....I do have turn signals all around...probably drive the whole way with the 4 ways going...I'll look like a complete nerd for sure!

Old 05-07-2006, 12:48 PM
bigdump
Stage I

did you find the problem