Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Doc banned again?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:40 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

This crap is getting old. The man is a asset to this forum and they keep giving him the boot. The 1st time was some whining about his willingness to sell TTS to forum members at a discount, some of the sponsors where not happy, guess I won't do business with them or consider it. Doc is just a good guy offering up bunches of knowledge to those who are interested. Some of the sponsors are like spammers that jump on every post trying to hock their wares and then back biting one and other. Have not seen anything even mentioned from Doc about selling anything this time around so I'm kind of puzzled why they wanted to boot him again. One will never know the true story.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:44 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't want to get banned myself, but if this is over sponsership I am wondering if providing free expert knowledge and willingness to help members with their problems is not "paying" in it's own right. I found this board a couple of years ago because I was searching for answers to issues I was having and I learned that there are a lot of people who know things, but not many who would be considered experts. EFI for Harleys has been a mystery to many for quite some time and between folks like Shovelhead Bob, Steve Cole and DOC1 it has shed quite a bit of light and accurate information about how these devices work. This area especially is a topic that Harley does not talk about and really there is no avenue to get consistent accurate information from those channels; basically it is as good as the folks working for the dealership are trained and understand.

While I understand there is a desire to make money and to support the forum itself I also understand accurate information and advice it what brings people to a forum such as this.

->>>stepping down from the soapbox now...

Old 04-15-2009, 01:27 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Things are different since the changeover. Lots of the old guard are long gone. Normally when someone gets banned unless you were there to see what happened you are likely to never know unless someone passes it on to you. Even then there seems to a fear of saying the wrong thing, so if you want to get hold of this guy you might try doing it offline or on another forum that he might cohabit.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:37 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm pissed.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Which DOC was banned? I was told to ge twith a DOC1 about my SERT map... Hmmm

Old 04-15-2009, 02:36 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

I agree it sucks, and as a result I will limit my help to other users that seek assistance. Even though I am a dyno tuner for a shop that doesn't advertise on this site, I am in the process of buting a dyno for my shop. I don't want to cross the line here so when I get it, I will contact the moderators and see about paying for sponsorship. Untill then, I guess I will really have to watch what advice I give. I will agree that it gets old reading post after post about x product from one of the sponsors. It makes you wonder how many people have mutiple profiles just for the sake of pushing thier product on you. In hdforums defense, it is there site and they can run it how they see fit. Just my $0.02, keep the change.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am riding down to Clermont tomorrow to Doc's and get a TTS and all the associated goodies. I can't wait to meet him and talk to him, a vast amount of knowledge there!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Sefferdog
I am riding down to Clermont tomorrow to Doc's and get a TTS and all the associated goodies. I can't wait to meet him and talk to him, a vast amount of knowledge there!!!
When you see Doc, tell him Bert said Hey.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
When you see Doc, tell him Bert said Hey.
Will do Bert.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Rail
Road Master

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

So I got an idea.. Seems there are quite a few people on here that really admire and trust Doc.. They also feel he is a wealth of knowledge especially with the TTS system.. On the other side the money issue raises it's ugly head.. So rather than taking FREE info from Doc continually how about we give a little.. Just a small chunk from all the people he has helped.. You know who you are.. You're the guy on here that lives in the TTS thread with one question after another for the man.. You're also the guy that emails him.. Asks him to look at your map and help you make changes so you can gain more power or increase mileage without having to spend $300 with the dyno man.. So why not send Doc a token of your appreciation so he can afford to become a sponsor.. I have no idea what his finances are but I do know he had some serious health issues a few years ago that really put a hurt on him...

Better, we do it on here and give it directly so it doesn't look like anyone is trying to solicite for him..

Hey Admin.. How much a yearly sponsorship?

Last edited by Rail; 04-15-2009 at 04:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Doc banned again?