Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Installing HD Security TSSM with a Twin-Tec TCFI-IID

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Drelkor
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing HD Security TSSM with a Twin-Tec TCFI-IID

I've added a lot of P&A over the last year and felt like I needed to do more to secure my ride, so I just purchased the HD Security TSSM (68200-07) for my 07 Steet Glide. My concern is that I already have a Twin-Tec TCFI-IID unit installed and that it might be problematic to get this all working. If possible, I'd like to install and setup the module myself but the useless included instructions only refer to "TSM/TSSM Delivery" section in the electrical manual and I only have the service manual for my SG. If I had to take it to the dealer to be programmed I would, but my concern is that I would have to remove the TCFI entirely so that it didn't get noted that I wasn't using a factory ECU (the only dealer within 50 miles of my location is horrible to deal with). Has anyone done this that knows the process for setting this up after the factory ECU has already been removed?

I emailed Daytona Twin-Tec asking about it but basically got a response of "you should have no issues installing the security or cruise modules." I searched the forums for docs on doing the setup and programming the additional fob but it appears that they have all been removed courtesy of the MoCo. Can anyone help me with some tips on installing it with a TCFI already installed or what the process is for setup with the factory ECU and the additional fob and I can try it with the TCFI to see if it still works?

If someone could PM me with any tips, instructions or information they have, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide.