Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Looking for some help deciding on a PC-V

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Ybnormal67
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for some help deciding on a PC-V

Hello,

I have an 07 Street Bob with Rush slipons 1.75 SE Stage 1 filter kit with no HD down load. I am currently running the XIED's with no problems. I had a fuel pack before but did not like the way my bike ran with it. I have been looking into the PC-V and was wandering if I can get some input from all of you who run or have run them on your bikes? I know each bike can run a little different just looking for input before I drop the cash.
Thanks,
Joe

Attached Thumbnails Looking for some help deciding on a PC-V-100_1478.jpg  
Old 04-07-2009, 08:29 PM
tripwire759
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

I just pulled my Fuelpak for the PC-V. I had some decel pops, but was able to play with the numbers and get rid of them. That was something I could not do with the Fuelpak. As for everything else I feel it is a better system that allows you to do more with it. If your going to get on go to Fuel Motto. Great customer service and pricing.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:39 PM
tmcgeesr
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an 09 RK. No experience with anything else. Installed the PCV and downloaded a fuel map that fit my bike and what I had done to it perfectly. Go to there web site and see if they have a map that fits your bike. Last time I looked they had about 15 maps developed for the 09 model series, and 50-60 maps for earlier models which take the PC III. They also have an Auto Tuner feature that you can add for additional costs. Haven't done that yet. I'm satisfied with just the PCV and the correct fuel map. You can also have it dyno'd if you would rather.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:36 AM
robertj74
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got an 08 Superglide Custom,Rush 1.75,ran stock a-c and Xied's all last summer,bought Fuelmoto a-c and PC-V and installed this winter,could'nt be happier,bike runs like it should now,much better,feels like it really made a difference,true plug and play,no dyno,no laptop,just ride,Jamie at Fuelmoto could'nt be better.I wish I would have saved the hundred bucks I spent on the Xied's.The biggest thing I noticed is I can actually use 6 gear now as another gear and not only goin 70+ down the interstate.The exhaust also sounds cooler now,no popping on decel,just a cool rumble.had some pretty noticable pinging before,even with Xied's-gone now.Bike really feels good now,motor feels "looser" not as tight and restricted as before.I'm sure the a-c helped too,There is always gonna be some guys that tell you ya don't need a tuner,and I was one for the first year I had my bike,(hence the Xied's)but I can say this-regardless of which one you go with, anyone that says this has never ridden a bike with one that is set up right.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Greybeard48
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I was visiting a neighboring dealer today and while chatting with the head mechanic about this very issue with him we were overheard by another rider. His bike was just coming out of the shop after having the PCV and 1.75" Rush mufflers installed (& dyno tuned). He offered me a ride on his Ultra. He bet me I would really like the change and I was forced to buy him a beer. Absolutely a different motorcycle. His '07 Ultra was a totally different beast than my '07. Needless to say I have made an appointment for the mods.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:57 PM
tmcgeesr
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They probably already have a fuel map for your bike. If they do, you don't need to have it dyno'd. I have Rush 1.75 slip ons with a Screaming Eagle intake track on an 09 FLHR. They had a fuel map that matched mine perfectly. I couldn't be happier, and yes your right, its a different bike. Fun to ride slow, and fun to dig the spurs in and run. Bike is so strong in first and second you'll hit that rev limiter if your not on top of you game.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:30 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

great news guys on the pc-v. i ordered mine tuesday and it will be here by the first part of next week, can't wait to install it on my 08 streetglide. i sure am expecting my bike to run the way it's supposed to. your comments in the forum have reinforced the thoughts that i made a good choice in fuel/ignition modifiers. i wanna have that silly grin on my face, ya know exactly what i mean.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:17 AM
tripwire759
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

I called Jamie and he fixed my popping. Very hapy now.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:01 PM
rcpilot_971
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the PC-V on my 07 lowrider with the SE air cleaner rush 2.0 slipons bike runs great I have had mine for two months now