Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PC lllr help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Moonrider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PC lllr help needed!

I hope someone can help me, I've got a 01 RK with a PClllr with a 95" kit (S&S) pistons, SE ac, 510 gear drive cams, V&H ovals slip-ons. I have had some serious pinging upon acceleration and want to change the ing. table on the map. The only problem is I cannot retrieve the orignal map. I loaded the 000 map, then click open and then click get all' I get a message: file and powercammander not compatible. I have retrieved the map before and saved it but it does not show the ing. table values. So I thought I would get it new again. Any Ideas? I have installed PC on other scoots and loaded maps with out any problems, but they were PC usb. This one being older, maybe I'm doing something wrong? I follow the usual procedures, even running the engine but no map. I know the current map was modified by the last owner when it was dynoed but he couldn't remember if the ing. tables were modified.

Anyway, anyone have some thoughts?

Thanks

Old 04-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Papamte
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are using the program for the PCIIIusb, you may want to try and load the older version program. I had a problem like that with my 01' Ultra. I downloaded the newer program, and it wouldn't work with my PCIIIr. The older program works for pre USB models. The newer programs will work with the older maps, but it converts them to a different format to use.
Just go to dynojets website and download the older program for the PCIIIr.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:48 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

You must have the right software, also since the pcIIIr is serial port you must make sure you have the drivers for the serial cable installed on your system otherwise the pcIIIr will not see the computer and vice versa. I don't know about compatibility between usb and r version maps.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Moonrider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Papamte
If you are using the program for the PCIIIusb, you may want to try and load the older version program. I had a problem like that with my 01' Ultra. I downloaded the newer program, and it wouldn't work with my PCIIIr. The older program works for pre USB models. The newer programs will work with the older maps, but it converts them to a different format to use.
Just go to dynojets website and download the older program for the PCIIIr.
Thanks for the quick replies. I am using the older software. The software is recognizing the PClllr and am seeing realtime values of rpm,tp,ect. But cannot get the current map. I could get the map the last time I hooked up the puter(I think, it's been a while). I thought I'd double check the values for the ign. tables.