Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Tmax and download

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 12:57 PM
jam65
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Tmax and download

I am trying to load base map for my bike and prompt tells me that my cable is not hooked up. It is but I had to get a USB/Serial port adaptor. Is this my problem?I am not computer savy so help would be much welcome.

Old 04-05-2009, 01:15 PM
MadScot
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be the adapter. I've heard there is a problem with some off the shelf. I got one from Zippers and it worked without a hitch.
http://www.zippersperformance.com/ca...=588&prod=2182
Contact them. Their support is the best.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:04 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Some cables are problematic as mentioned and could be your problem . If you have already downloaded the driver for usb-serial and tried auto port setting with no results, most likely the cable itself, or you had a brain fart and forgot to turn the run switch on.
Ron

Last edited by rbabos; 04-05-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:40 PM
stevefxdi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also bought the one from zippers and didn't have any problems. when i called zippers they explained why a store bought one would not work.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:28 AM
ajayrk
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default rbabos

I'll butt in on this thread to report about the cannon boom popping problem I had many months ago.

You sent me a .jpg map for a setting and I tried it and all the other suggestions offered here. The boom persisted.

I removed the heads a week ago and replaced them with a set of heads I had ported and milled. The S/E exhaust gasket had not properly compressed and were leaking. The c'bore for the gasket in a twin cam is a little deeper than an EVO and the exhaust flange was bottoming out against the head. A set of stock tapered exhaust gasket solved the problem. Not even a pop now.

Thanks for the input it helped rule out any electronic problems and pointed to a mechanical problem.

By the way. When are you going to fix that POS crank?

Old 04-06-2009, 03:34 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ajayrk
I'll butt in on this thread to report about the cannon boom popping problem I had many months ago.

You sent me a .jpg map for a setting and I tried it and all the other suggestions offered here. The boom persisted.

I removed the heads a week ago and replaced them with a set of heads I had ported and milled. The S/E exhaust gasket had not properly compressed and were leaking. The c'bore for the gasket in a twin cam is a little deeper than an EVO and the exhaust flange was bottoming out against the head. A set of stock tapered exhaust gasket solved the problem. Not even a pop now.

Thanks for the input it helped rule out any electronic problems and pointed to a mechanical problem.

By the way. When are you going to fix that POS crank?
LOL. I'm going to run it this summer and tear it down in the fall unless it blows up before then. Glad you found the problem with the pops.
Ron

Last edited by rbabos; 04-06-2009 at 03:36 PM.