Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SE II's sound like sh**

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 10:50 PM
dashiell
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE II's sound like sh**

OK, I know, but there was a reason behind my getting the SE II slip-ons. Because of all the dealer hassles regarding warranty work and mods; I decided to use the slip-ons, just in case I needed to swap the stockers back on for warranty repair.

The Crossed Flag Slip-On pipes initially sound good, but after the euphoria of having a Harley sound more like a Harley should sound like, I find them to be somewhat lacking. The throttle response is better but it does not have that sustainable deep rumble. At take off, they sound ok but as you roll through the gears, it does not maintain a nice deep sound. I guess that now I have my own HD, I am getting rather particular but that is our privilege right. I will leave these pipes on until I run out of warranty so I at least get my moneys’ worth. But rest assured, I will be listening closely for the replacement.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:20 PM
jw5150
Cruiser
Default RE: SE II's sound like sh**

Try these new baffles for the SE II Slip-ons.
http://www.bigcitythunder.com/pages/product-fit.html

Old 05-02-2006, 01:50 AM
Thorns
Cruiser

Or, you can take out the baffles that come with the SEII's and open the diverter(slash) about another 3/8 inch with a big screwdriver.

Thorns

Old 05-02-2006, 07:54 AM
racezilla500
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Thorns

Or, you can take out the baffles that come with the SEII's and open the diverter(slash) about another 3/8 inch with a big screwdriver.

Thorns
Can you elaborate a little here?

Old 05-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Thorns
Cruiser

The slip-ons have a baffle in them. The baffle is held in the slip-on by a bolt through a hole in the slip-on and into a weld nut in the baffle. Remove the bolt and slide the baffle out of the slip-on(they can be stuck sometimes). You will see how the baffle is constructed which has an angle diverter in the middle of the baffle. Take a big screw driver and bend the diverter so it allows more exhaust through the baffle. Do both baffles the same. Reinstall the baffles. Depending how big of an opening you made(I opened mine about an additional 3/8" more), you will have more sound, and the mid-range will be more alive, and you won't feel any difference in the bottom rpm's. The "Harley" sound will be talking to you. I also had a DFO, so I could adjust for any popping on decel. The fun($$) never stops with a Harley.

Thorns