Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

No spark/start have fuel problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 10:51 AM
molsen
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No spark/start have fuel problem

The bike: '07 RG (5300 miles)with HQ 103 Sport Tuning 575 cams 10.5:1 pistons. SERT with a map I am working on. I have Twin TEC II + for getting my afr in line with my map that is installed and the wide ban o2 are in place of the oe ones for now. I have a JET air cleaner, and Rinehart 2:1.

The issue. On tuesday, took the bike to work had the DTC light come on, it was f/r o2 not reading, which is correct, because I am using the wide ban for now. No other issues just a little sluggish some part on the map, whcih when I d/l the info from the twin scan showed me I was rich at 1 part of the map. I made the appropriate(sp?) changes on the map and uploaded it to the bike.

Tried to fire the bike up on Wed. No spark. Fuel pump coming on, smell fuel in the cylinders so injectors are firing. Tried a spark tester and no spark showing on the tester. After I press the start button and release it I can hear the fuel pump cycling again.

I went back and reloaded the old map that I had prior and same issue fuel, no spark.

I am thinking it is the crank position sensor, for the ecm has no refernce to fire the plugs.
Any ideas, suggestions. I found this out last night and had no other time to see what else is going on.

On 4/2/09 I replaced the CPS (crank pos sensor) thinking from older GM days on a similar problem. It did not resolve my issue. I checked the bike for codes and came back none on the speedo. Could a coil become bad and not throw a code?

What else can I look for. I am on limited time, between 2 jobs and watching my girl (2.5s yo) just trying to pinpoint. thanks to all