Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

serious problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Thorns
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: serious problem

"Guess again.....

The fuse panel is under the seat....

As is the Turn/Brake interface module....

Did you possibly crush the T/S-B/L Module when you reinstalled the seat and sat on it??????

It is that square box, that is inbetween the rear harness and the main harness.... "

Let me be more clear. The DFO doesn't use a 12v connection, only connections are at the injectors and a ground wire. That's why you should look elsewhere for a shorted wire...Like under the tank or seat. :-P

Thorns

Old 05-02-2006, 04:38 PM
ricoman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess again - the fuse panel is behind the left sidecover.
Am thinking it's a mashed wire under the tank.
Won't get to it today unless I turn off the phone.
As for thinking I sat on the seat and crushed something - are you saying I may be a tad over weight? I am not - I'm just a foot short for what I weigh, that's all.

Old 05-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

For the lights to be inop, and those particular fuses to pop, that interface box sometimes gets rattled around....

For the Touring bikes we install the Softail model, as it is 1/2 of the size....

Just for shittz and grinnz, take it out of the loop, reconnect the main back to the rear harness and replace the fuses....

What is the worst that can happen????? You might be out 1 or 2 fuses (if they pop), but if all goes and operates well, you have narrowed it down....

Next, to the Main/Front harness.....

Then you take the Front harness out of the loop, by disconnecting it at the H/L Nacelle..... Left, then Right, then Headlamp.....

If problem is still there, then you know that your Main is the culprit, and you start chasing Voltage Drops through the circuit....

Old 05-05-2006, 02:32 AM
BlueDeuce
Cruiser

Posts like these make me want to rush out and buy a fuel manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No thanks......I'll stick with my crappy HD download.

Old 05-08-2006, 07:52 AM
ricoman
Road Master

back to normal!!
Thanks for the input, even though none of it applied to the actual problem. Took the TFI off, still blew a fuse. Thought about the last thing I had done to the bike before the fuse problem - installed new horn. Removed new horn, reinstalled orig.-still blew fuses. Took off tank, checked wires-nope. Took apart headlight-nothing there either. Remembered I had adjusted right side grip/brake lever position by loosening, rotating maybe 10 degrees and retightening. Took apart right side grip and pulled up on the top of the switch cover-no blown fuse! Seems that when I had new bars installed at the dealer the wires were run throught the bars and must have been pinched to cause a short. Fixed that, reinstalled TFI and 6 hours of chasing goblins later she's back together and never run better. Glad I had a place to turn for help. Next time I have any kind of problem I will start at the last place I did anything to the bike.