Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Turn signal/ alarm freaking out...I think

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 06:30 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal/ alarm freaking out...I think

OK here's my plight...
couple weeks ago my right hand turn signal came on all by itself..I thought I had hit the button by accident, but repeated attempts to cancel it failed...it stayed on for about 1-2 minutes then stopped...signals worked fine after that...
Then last night on my way from Daytona...my fricking right turn signal comes on...WTF!! I tried to cancel it with no results....then I notice that the red key symbol on the speedo is flashing.....this goes on for about 6-7 minutes then all is fine....another 60 miles or so down the road it happens again..same deal...this time I pull over, kill the ignition, get off the bike and the alarm sets normally...get back on the bike and fire it up and the problem is still there....well I'm still 40 miles away from home, so I went on down the road, in about 6-7 minutes it stops and I get home with no further probs..
Anybody else experienced this? Got any ideas? I have the tail light module for making them turn signals into brake and turn lights...other than that and a PC III the electrical system is stock... it's an 07 FXDL...one other thing it only seems to have this prob after runniing for awhile...
Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated....