Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

fuelmoto

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:03 PM
xwizard44
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuelmoto

bought a PC V from fuel moto, bike runs great . I email fuelmoto about some questions I had and can't get any responses, the hours I have been working lately makes it really hard to call them on phone. Anybody else had problems getting them to email you back?

Old 02-28-2009, 12:16 AM
09StreetGlider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is best to call them as they are much like any of us at work. They are busy tuning and answering phones/questions all day. I e-mailed once and it took a couples days to get a reply, but that was in response to a question I had about pricing before I ordered my PCV. If you call you will get much faster service and answers to all of your questions.

Also if you post your questions on the forum, we may be able to help you and Jamie will most likely chime in when he sees the thread.

What's your question?

Old 02-28-2009, 01:00 AM
bmr
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a responce to my email in the next day.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:06 AM
Mark
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent them an email a couple weeks ago and still have not heard anything from them.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:11 AM
TruBluUltra
Tourer

I emailed last weekend a couple of times and rec'd replies within a day or so. With riding season fast approaching I'd guess they are getting swamped right about now. I wouldn't give up on emailing them, but I would try to call if possible (3rd shifter here, know how it can be to "stay up" waiting on a business in a different time zone to open up).
Paul

Old 02-28-2009, 09:50 AM
xwizard44
Advanced

Thanks for the responses. Well before I knew that all I had to do was plug in PC V to laptop and start the bike, it would automatically download the map the had been pre-programed by fuelmoto, I asked them for the map in an email, just to see the charts. Well they sent me a djm file and I couldn't open it with the PC V program, installed PC III program on computer and was able to read the map. From everything I read the PC V can't read djm files or use them. My question to fuelmoto was, is this correct and if, as I change things on my bike are they going to come as a djm file or a pcv file and will the PC V be able to read them?

Old 03-01-2009, 09:46 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,160 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Hello, we continually answer our emails thru out the day everyday (except weekends). If you have sent an email and have not got a reply within 24 hours it was likely filtered either incoming or outgoing. This can especially be a problem with web email such as AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc... If you do not recieve a reply please resend your email or you can always contact us at 877-729-4754 and we would be more than happy to help out.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 03-01-2009, 09:48 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by xwizard44
Thanks for the responses. Well before I knew that all I had to do was plug in PC V to laptop and start the bike, it would automatically download the map the had been pre-programed by fuelmoto, I asked them for the map in an email, just to see the charts. Well they sent me a djm file and I couldn't open it with the PC V program, installed PC III program on computer and was able to read the map. From everything I read the PC V can't read djm files or use them. My question to fuelmoto was, is this correct and if, as I change things on my bike are they going to come as a djm file or a pcv file and will the PC V be able to read them?
If you have a PC-V the map will be a .pvm file. If you use the map request form at www.fuelmotousa.com there is a field that will ask PCIII or PC-V and you will recieve the approriate map.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:39 PM
TheBagger
Road Master

Originally Posted by xwizard44
bought a PC V from fuel moto, bike runs great . I email fuelmoto about some questions I had and can't get any responses, the hours I have been working lately makes it really hard to call them on phone. Anybody else had problems getting them to email you back?
I have the same problem and can't get a quick response via email from Fuel Moto. From what I have read they are the biggest dealer for Dynojet in the US. So I want to get that type of support but it sure makes it frustrating when I'm trying to figure out what to do about a tuner purchase.

I guess I'll try to email again.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:21 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

As listed on our website the best way to contact us is by phone at 877-729-4754 from 9:00-5:00 CST for immediate support, we have 6 phone lines and this will offer the best support. If you send an email and do not get an email response within 48 hours, please resend your email as it may have been filtered out or otherwise. We answer all emails, I have a Blackberry in my hand until 11:00 at night and I promise we are here to help.

Quick Reply: fuelmoto