Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

fuelmoto

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Lancelot_HDCM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pciii usb

I asked to fuel moto the new map for my Dyna FXDF Fat BOB 2008, and in a cople of days they answer me. I'm from Spain and my PCIII USB is working perfect.
I have a 2 in 1 Suppertrap and a Arlen Ness Big Sucker.
Another friend , in Mallorca, had a problem with the unit, it qet burn, and de Mecanics from Harley said to him that the fault was the PCIII , and broke the motor as well.
I thing that is impossible but they said to him that the rain, water get into the Power Comander, sendig a wrong instruccions to the unit burnig the unit donw the seat and more things. They have made a very bad publicity of the product.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:31 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBagger
I have the same problem and can't get a quick response via email from Fuel Moto. From what I have read they are the biggest dealer for Dynojet in the US. So I want to get that type of support but it sure makes it frustrating when I'm trying to figure out what to do about a tuner purchase.

I guess I'll try to email again.
Your best bet for support is to call them, as Jamie gets 400 emails a day and just can't answer all of them in an expeditious manner. He's told me he starts answering emails after hours and that frequently means late hours getting home to his wife and kids. He's very conscientious and wants to provide the best support, but phone contact is the best way to go. Emailing will take longer, and this is his peak time of the year for selling hardware and performing dyno tunes, much of this taking place after hours. Email support is the last thing he does, often extending into the evening when he's at home.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:37 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Lancelot_HDCM
Another friend , in Mallorca, had a problem with the unit, it qet burn, and de Mecanics from Harley said to him that the fault was the PCIII , and broke the motor as well.

I thing that is impossible but they said to him that the rain, water get into the Power Comander, sendig a wrong instruccions to the unit burnig the unit donw the seat and more things. They have made a very bad publicity of the product.
In the first place, the PCIII doesn't send instructions to the ECM, but intercepts the signals, alters them according to the map tables, and sends them along their way. The explanation made by the mechanics is very unlikely, although it is possible that water entered the connectors and caused errant behavior. On some bikes that are prone to water exposure DynoJet recommends using dielectric grease on the connectors, and it wouldn't hurt for everyone to do this.

In years of following these forums I've never heard of one incident of a PC caused engine damage.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Hey look. Our sponsor is answering questions right here on the forum. You can't ask for anything better than that. I don't see why calling them is such a problem. You get a live person instead of playing email tag back and forth. We've never had any complaints about them and they are a valued sponsor.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:10 PM
tripwire759
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

Jamie,
Thanks for helping me tune my PC-V. Works like a champ and no more decel pops!

Guys I know it sucks to stay up after working all day/ night but Jamie will walk you thru any problem your having and I think it is worth losing some sleep to get it fixed right. Good luck with it.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:14 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Well I emailed three times in two weeks about the PC-V and had no response. It's frowned upon at work to engage in personal calls, and I'm a couple of time zones different so I figured e-mail would work. I was wrong, so I went and bought another tuner from someone else.

Perhaps a site sponsor of an internet communication forum should be a little more on top of the internet communications.

And yes, I check my spam filters daily.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:20 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,159 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Originally Posted by archergodwin
Well I emailed three times in two weeks about the PC-V and had no response. It's frowned upon at work to engage in personal calls, and I'm a couple of time zones different so I figured e-mail would work. I was wrong, so I went and bought another tuner from someone else.

Perhaps a site sponsor of an internet communication forum should be a little more on top of the internet communications.

And yes, I check my spam filters daily.
Please check your filters as I send 2 emails to **********@gmail.com which you referenced your archergodwin user name with your questions. These emails came from my Blackberry which is fuelmoto@yahoo.com The fist was on 3/16/09 @ 11:42 PM and the second email was on 3/18/09 @ 10:18 PM I apoligize if you did not get them.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 04-22-2009, 08:50 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Okay. I'll have to take your word for it. I've double and triple checked my inbox and filters, and I have no emails from you.

I will say I know emails can do that... just go out and never reach their destination. Which is why I sent 3 times.

So, how well versed are you in the TTS?

Old 04-22-2009, 09:04 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,159 Likes on 1,353 Posts

The TTS is a great tuning tool and I have extensive tuning experience with it as well as the SERT. Note, that TTS has now developed a tuning manual which can be viewed here http://www.mastertune.net/files/Tuni...ning_Guide.pdf

Old 04-22-2009, 09:27 AM
extech
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never did business with Jamie, but I gotta say he has the best service I have ever seen
I work at a HD shop in So. Fla. and have seen probably 30 customers that have used his performance packages, no complaints, not one! Wish I could afford to hire this guy.

Quick Reply: fuelmoto