Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Direct Link vs SERT

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 11:33 AM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Direct Link vs SERT

Does anyone have any experience with the Direct Link EFI tuner as opposed to the more common SERT/SEST?

A very good high performance shop nearby is recommending it; apparently it has all the features of the SERT but costs about half as much.....

http://www.technoresearch.com/Produc...nk/Direct-Link

Old 02-23-2009, 12:28 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

thanks for the move to the right thread...........anyone know anything about "Direct Link"?

Old 02-23-2009, 12:34 PM
r00k
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems cool, I have no experience with this but if it does everything it says it does it looks like a good deal. Definitely going to need some dyno time and a skilled hand to set up though.

Hopefully someone with experience will chime in as I'm looking to ditch my Fuel Pak...

Old 02-23-2009, 12:48 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

Local shop here Jarz Performance - top engine builders and well known in the HD drag racing circles uses it and recommends it which I take as high praise....I know nothing about it though and am wondering if only a few shops can work with it or if it is in wide distribution etc. and what kind of results people have had with it on their street bikes

Old 02-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Screw Loose Dan
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may be interested in reading this thread from a few weeks ago regarding the Direct Link software:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...-software.html

Old 02-23-2009, 02:17 PM
eddfive
Cruiser

I tune with Driect Link a lot. I like to offer it as an option because of the price for the USB key. It is exactly the same as SERT or SEST as far as the tables go. It has more capability for a tuner with some auto-tuning features as well. The Technoresearch guys are adding new features to this product all the time. Most independent tuners have this capability and you can go to the Technoresearch.com web site to see tuining centers and product information.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,688 Likes on 1,670 Posts

You all need to read the fine print as it is not the same as the SERT or SESPT. Yes, it can program the ECM and has some of the same features but in order to use it you must also buy the tuning station for a Delphi equipped bike. If you do not have the tuning station all you get is a USB key and YOU can do nothing with it. If your not looking to have the ability to tune yourself it is an option. It cannot do everything the SERT or SESPT can do so it is not exactly like any product that's on the market at all.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:49 PM
eddfive
Cruiser

You need to re-read my post; it programs the exact same tables as SERT or SEST. I also said the tuner meaning dyno tuner could do some autotuning. If a dyno tuner can use it then they will have the ALDL box plus cable. The USB key is to access the software and it does lock to your bike. I never said anything about end user autotuning. Of course they can but they would need to invest a lot more money. Most people I deal with want there bike tuned and do not care about fiddling with it or tuning it themselves. Steve, did someone proclaim you master of this universe? You manage to try and dis-credit most everyone or every product other than your own.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Newhawk
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My local tuner uses the direct-link and I'm happy with the tune.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:19 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

thanks guys - didn't mean to start a war.......I just went on the direct link site and pulled up the list of tuners in my area - there's 2 - the shop I mentionned earlier and surprisingly the largest Harely Dealership in town.....kinda surprises me that they would be using anything other that SERT/SEST.......

Quick Reply: Direct Link vs SERT