Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Enricher for EFI

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 04:11 PM
sestreet
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enricher for EFI

Hi All,
I just got my bike back from the dealer who spent about 6 hours with the Dyno (at no extra charge to me). I had the fuel tuner and had the dealer switch to the SERT. Apparently the fuel tuner plugs into some type of "motor thing" that acts like the enricher on carb bikes. Does anyone know what this is actually called? Anyway, the dealer believes that this part is bad (and under warranty) and needs to be replaced as soon as the part comes in to get rid of a little dip in the dyno report. The dealer did a great job with the tuning and I feel the difference in the bike. He said since this other part was bad, they left the fuel tuner plugged in because they felt that they might break the "enricher type part" if they tried to remove it. Seems reasonable. What do you think?

Old 04-21-2006, 06:01 PM
springer_
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Enricher for EFI

Not know exactly what you are talking about makes it difficult to comment but my guess would be you have a race fueler of sorts. Typically they just plug into your fuel injectors and allow you to add fuel to fatten up the mixture. if you are using a SERT for tuning, there would be no reason to leave it on the bike. Just a guess .... do you know the actual name for it?

Old 04-24-2006, 08:57 AM
sestreet
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Enricher for EFI

Hi Springer,
No, I don't remember the exact name. The called it "****-motor" and told me it acts like an enricher. I'll let you know the right name when the part comes in. This weekend I spent some time looking at the Dyno that I had done at the first dealership and compared it to this one. I was floored when I saw that the first dealed set my air/fuel ratio 17.1:1. I am amazed that the motor didn't burn up. Now, it is at about 13.5:1. I don't really believe the first dyno because if anything, I think that the bike was running too rich. I was getting 25-30 MPG. I guess the only thing that I am sure of is that I am glad I left the first dealership.