Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

spark plug wires

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 07:50 PM
shuggy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question spark plug wires

Hello all, I was going to get new spark plug wires and wanted some input on this ,if anyone can help or advise me on this,thank you.I have an 03 road king fuel injected,pearl white,and was looking for some new wires to put on, saw these from sumax by taylor,stock number 20134, they are white which is what I was looking for,there is nothing wrong with my stock wires,just wanted something different,does anyone know if this is a stock replacment,and just an easy swap or do I have to cut them and refit them to my bike,Are the boot angles the same,just things I should know before I go and buy them.I dont know what the angles are on the stock wires. Thanks for any help,,,Doug

Old 01-15-2009, 06:55 AM
DRAGO1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shuggy
Hello all, I was going to get new spark plug wires and wanted some input on this ,if anyone can help or advise me on this,thank you.I have an 03 road king fuel injected,pearl white,and was looking for some new wires to put on, saw these from sumax by taylor,stock number 20134, they are white which is what I was looking for,there is nothing wrong with my stock wires,just wanted something different,does anyone know if this is a stock replacment,and just an easy swap or do I have to cut them and refit them to my bike,Are the boot angles the same,just things I should know before I go and buy them.I dont know what the angles are on the stock wires. Thanks for any help,,,Doug
Stay with SE wires you can get them with I think 10mm look to them. It wont mess with knock system on your bike.(Timing) Just trying to keep it simple for you. The SE wires are just a little better then stock not much. There are other wires out there that claim 2 hp increase etc.. but I have never seen it on a dyno..... My 2 cents......

Old 01-17-2009, 10:40 PM
WVNightrain Rider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Head Bolt Covers

Anyone have Harley head bolt covers installed on a V-Twin and found the stock 90 plug ends of the wires rub the covers. I was wondering if anyone has found a 45 or straight plug wire that works.