Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

DIY Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 07:21 PM
ndwgolf
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY Tuning

Ok here is the deal, I am going to buy a new Harley, and as we all know a new Harley is only a starter kit; I will first of all buy new pipes and a bunch of Chrome.
I live in Phuket Thailand and the Harley Dealer is in Bangkok 1000 kilometers north of Phuket
I believe that the new Harley's have to be re-tuned every time you mess with the power
I dont want to have to ride 1000k every-time i do a modification
Question; Is it possible to do this re-tuning by yourself if you have the software and if so how difficult is it to do it
Thanks in advance

Old 01-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by ndwgolf
...Question; Is it possible to do this re-tuning by yourself if you have the software and if so how difficult is it to do it...
I went the TTS route using their VTune program.

Take a seat and spend hours reading about the subject on this (and other) forums.

Difficult??? I guess that really depends on your comfort level with wrenching your own bike. I had NO experience with tuning and was able to work my way through the TTS system using the HELP files included with the software.

Hope that helps!

Old 01-14-2009, 07:57 PM
ndwgolf
Advanced

I have a high power car that has a aftermarket ECU and with that I have a guy re-tune it as and when necessary, is that the similar thing that you are talking about when you say the TTS

Old 01-14-2009, 09:14 PM
yso191
Club Member

Yeah check out the TTS Mastertune thread in this forum. All you need is a laptop and the cabling that you order with the unit. A great product that a guy without training and a dyno can still get a ~95% tune (way better than some of the canned maps), and its fully functional with whatever upgrade you do in the future. What is more it is very competatively priced!

Steve