Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Tmax Timing

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:14 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tmax Timing

Anyone know why the monitored timing on front and rear is about 4 degrees higher than it is in the timing vrs engine speed map. At 1800 it is about 10 higher than the map blocks. Why the descreprencies? This is not only on my ride as another person also noticed this. Ran the monitor log and sure enough , same with my bike. In my case the map # is 401
Ron

Old 01-13-2009, 11:35 PM
ToBeFrank
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rbabos
Anyone know why the monitored timing on front and rear is about 4 degrees higher than it is in the timing vrs engine speed map. At 1800 it is about 10 higher than the map blocks. Why the descreprencies? This is not only on my ride as another person also noticed this. Ran the monitor log and sure enough , same with my bike. In my case the map # is 401
Ron
From what I understand, the timing vs engine speed map only shows the WOT timing value. To get a direct comparison of the monitored timing and your map timing, look at the timing vs TPS page vs RPM pages.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:46 PM
rbabos
Banned

I can't figure that part out. I do know that changing the timing vrs engine speed automatically changes the timing vrs tps page, but it is now in throttle possition instead of rpm and refers to timing change. Can't seem to make it corrispond to the monitor value as I don't know the tps position.
Ron

Old 01-15-2009, 07:28 AM
speedjunkie
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you use a couple pieces of tape, one on the throttle, and one on the housing, then using the laptop, look at the TPS values and mark them on the 2 pieces of tape. That way when you're rolling down the road, you can get an idea of where the TPS is at and adjust when you get home. If you have already done this, I apologize. Maybe I'm reading the question wrong. Let us know how it turns out.

Mike

Old 01-15-2009, 11:17 AM
kdietz
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ToBeFrank
From what I understand, the timing vs engine speed map only shows the WOT timing value. To get a direct comparison of the monitored timing and your map timing, look at the timing vs TPS page vs RPM pages.
Correct...don't refer to the timing vs engine speed table....it only shows WOT timing

Note your rpms and then determine your throttle position with tape as mentioned before and then refer to the TPS vs Ignition timing to compare to the monitored values

Old 01-15-2009, 03:24 PM
rbabos
Banned

Thanks guy's. ToBeFrank slapped the pi$$ out of me until I understood it.
Ron