Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Help--SEST or PCIII

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:20 PM
ropd0184
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help--SEST or PCIII

Ok you guys seem very knowledgeable in this department..so I am coming to all of you for any and all advice possible...I have an 08 Ultra Classic...installed the SE Air intake, Vance and Hines Turn downs, and the PCIII around April of last year...NEVER played with the PC since...(P.S. I also have the stage one download from the HD Dealer). About a month ago...I started having some problems with my PCIII...I called Dynojet and was not one hundred percent satisfied with their customer service....my question is...should I send the PCIII back to Dyno jet to get it looked at and see if it can be fixed although i really dont know how to use it...or should I just go to my HD dealer in the morning and get the SEST installed...so if I have any future problems..I have a go to....I want something that is gonna give me the best bang for my buck of course, and I DONT mind spending the extr amoney of the SEST...if the majority of you guys think it will be a better system for my ride than the PCIII...THANKS for all your help in advance!

Old 01-02-2009, 11:36 PM
deadwood1783
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have an early PCIII for 08, they will fail on later 08 models at some point and DynoJet WILL make it right. If You want a direct ECM product forget SEST and buy the far better TTS MasterTune. You'll be glad you did!

Old 01-03-2009, 08:46 AM
ropd0184
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deadwood...im not sure if you can tell or not...but all these tuners kinda confuse me...sorry for actin dumb....but i really dont know much about them...never heard of the TTS mastertuner...whats the deal on it and why would It would be the way to go...im always open to new ideas...lemme k now!

Old 01-03-2009, 01:37 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"mastertune" is one of the software components of the TTS tuning system. It consists of software and hardware, which is an interface between your computer and the bike's. Harley sold a SERT (Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner) for a number of years. The company who provided them was TTS. That relationship is now over. Harley went with a different device from a different supplier and they call it the "Super Tuner" instead of the "Race Tuner". It has a couple of compelling new features but is mostly the equivalent of the previous SERT.

The TTS tuner is what they wanted the SERT to be, but H-D didn't. It is undoubtedly the best way to tune your H-D's Delphi EFI presently available. If you have a closed-loop model you can even use another component of the software to generate fueling maps which are absolutely correct for at least a solid 90% of where you ever operate your engine.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:09 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

opinions differ drastically on what device to use for "tuning" your ride here. mine is simply the fact that i had a SERT on my 06 roadking. the tuners (multiple tuners) had trouble getting it tuned properly with the combination i had. thunderheaders, SE hi-flo air, S&S 510 cams. When I lost my roadking i was very reluctant to spend the $$ HD wanted for the Super Tuner to put on my 09 Ultra. But in the end, I did. What it all boils down to is if you find someone who knows what they're doing with this super tuner, you'll be extremely happy with it's performance. Not to mention no BS from the dealer about voiding your warranty.

my .02 worth...