Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SE Race Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 09:02 PM
09ultraclassic
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE Race Tuner

As part of a recent custom map with a SERT, I received the SERT device, but no software or docs of any kind.

Is SERT software and docs available via the web somplace, and where does one download HD maps that are already made for known configuations of HD upgrades?

Thanks for reading...

Old 12-28-2008, 09:11 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know that there is any, but i could be wrong. Your original program should be contained within the SERT tuner, for replacement later, if necessary. The SERT is to configure a completely new map for your ECM based off the original, but far better tweaked and dialed in where necessary. Hopefully someone will chime in and set the record straight.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:25 PM
09ultraclassic
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BlockHead96... Thanks. Yep, things like knowing what the red button is for, and how the process of storing map data would be helpful.

I know that the SERT I hold is for my ECM only, and won't work with any others (part of the installation), but just not sure if the SERT stores mapping data, or just allows access to the HD computer for remapping, etc.

Hey, couldn't help but notice you're a former squid like me. I was a Sparks (RM) from 75 to 02. USS Inchon, USS Goldsbough, USS R. E. Peary, and a lot of duty in cami's doing litoral warfare.

Cheers..

Old 12-28-2008, 09:42 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

The thing is with a SERT, only HD can and has all the stuff required to access and change the program. My TTS is made by the guy who made the SERT for HD and comes with the driver needed to tune your engine, so I have a wide option as to what can be done. Also, the SERT keeps you closer to a EPA friendly tune..

Ride safe you old salt!

Old 12-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 09ultraclassic
As part of a recent custom map with a SERT, I received the SERT device, but no software or docs of any kind.

Is SERT software and docs available via the web somplace, and where does one download HD maps that are already made for known configuations of HD upgrades?

Thanks for reading...
Software and cables are a seperate purchase requirement....

As far as your map that was installed in your ECM, that you need to retrieve from the tuner/installer....

Please read "5 Questions to ask your Tuner".....

Old 12-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlockHead96
The thing is with a SERT, only HD can and has all the stuff required to access and change the program. My TTS is made by the guy who made the SERT for HD and comes with the driver needed to tune your engine, so I have a wide option as to what can be done. Also, the SERT keeps you closer to a EPA friendly tune..

Ride safe you old salt!
Huh????? The end user has to purchase the software for the SEST now... It used to be included....

And FWIW, be it SERT/TTS/SEST/TMAX/PCIII, NONE are EPA compliant ....Period...

The ONLY EPA compliant EFI Management device is the PCIII EX and the PC V.....