Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

New Super Tuner and 09 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 07:28 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
I think he was referring to saving the original calibration from the bike.
Right, the new SEPST can save the stock calibration off the bike.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:47 AM
user 9375875
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
Right, the new SEPST can save the stock calibration off the bike.
This is incorrect. The latest version of the SEST only retains the last calibration that YOU programmed into the bike. It has no ability to upload the OE (or any) calibration from the ECM - only TTS Mastertune can do that.

--Gary

Old 11-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 373 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
I don't know why this seems to be such a big issue to some.
It gives you the ability to restore the stock map or recover from a reprogramming error. I like it because I change the calibration id to match the factory map or download. The dealer will never know I have been there.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:34 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
It gives you the ability to restore the stock map or recover from a reprogramming error. I like it because I change the calibration id to match the factory map or download. The dealer will never know I have been there.
Yeah, I know. I just don't think it's that big a deal. I put on a K&N Breather and a set Slip on Mufflers and upload an HD map for this config. Why would I want to go back? Ok, I hate the sound of the Slip ons, and not too fond of the looks of the new breather so I go back to stock. The bike will run fine, maybe better than with the factory map. Maybe do some smart tune runs.
Who cares if the dealer knows you have a map other than stock? I just don't thinks it's that big a deal. Might have some usefulness for comparison.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:33 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I know. I just don't think it's that big a deal. I put on a K&N Breather and a set Slip on Mufflers and upload an HD map for this config. Why would I want to go back? Ok, I hate the sound of the Slip ons, and not too fond of the looks of the new breather so I go back to stock. The bike will run fine, maybe better than with the factory map. Maybe do some smart tune runs.
Who cares if the dealer knows you have a map other than stock? I just don't thinks it's that big a deal. Might have some usefulness for comparison.
Maybe you decide that you want to keep your slip ons and restore the air cleaner back before you trade your bike in. At least the next owner has a bike that runs the way the factory sent it instead of removing the parts and leaving the wrong calibration in it. I have several friends who trade bikes every 2 years and reusing some of these parts on their newer bikes saves them money.

Even better - the next person gets the bike and doesn't get the calibration with it. They can download the current calibration off and save it so they can restore it if needed. In the meantime they can jack around with a different calibration and if doesn't work out they can put it back to what it was.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:23 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by TickTock
Maybe you decide that you want to keep your slip ons and restore the air cleaner back before you trade your bike in. At least the next owner has a bike that runs the way the factory sent it instead of removing the parts and leaving the wrong calibration in it. I have several friends who trade bikes every 2 years and reusing some of these parts on their newer bikes saves them money.

Even better - the next person gets the bike and doesn't get the calibration with it. They can download the current calibration off and save it so they can restore it if needed. In the meantime they can jack around with a different calibration and if doesn't work out they can put it back to what it was.
It's a non issue.

I'll bet there isn't that much difference between the factory and stage one calibrations. Likely the biggest difference is the VE tables, and those can be Smart Tuned. I'm willing to bet that the AFR and Timing tables are very nearly the same. Probably Closed Loop for about 80% of the cells.

A TTS user should upload some screen shots so we can compare the factory and stage one calibrations.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:28 AM
TickTock
Club Member

It's a non issue.

I'll bet there isn't that much difference between the factory and stage one calibrations. Likely the biggest difference is the VE tables, and those can be Smart Tuned. I'm willing to bet that the AFR and Timing tables are very nearly the same. Probably Closed Loop for about 80% of the cells.

A TTS user should upload some screen shots so we can compare the factory and stage one calibrations.
Currently the TTS does not give you the option to see the values of the calibration. It is stored in a proprietary format. The new Power Vision by DynoJet I understand has the ability to pull the values out.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:38 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by TickTock
Currently the TTS does not give you the option to see the values of the calibration. It is stored in a proprietary format. The new Power Vision by DynoJet I understand has the ability to pull the values out.
You're kidding. You can download the factory map but you can't see it or do anything with it??

Old 11-16-2010, 12:18 PM
TickTock
Club Member

As far as I know there is not a tool currently available that will let you see it. As I said before, the new DynoJet Power Vision will expose it. I am sure it has more to do with the MoCo not wanting it released.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:30 PM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
32109-08

stay away from the B model. doesn't give you the tuning abilities that the 08 gives you.

ok im confused, inst the 32109-08b the latest sepst ?

Quick Reply: New Super Tuner and 09 Ultra