Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:53 AM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Korbenw7p3c
...does the "vtunes" come with the package or is it a separate item to be ordered?
It comes with it.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:16 PM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like there is now an upgrade path for the old SERT on the mastertune website. Has anyone done it? If so, how much does it cost?

Old 07-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TickTock
Looks like there is now an upgrade path for the old SERT on the mastertune website. Has anyone done it? If so, how much does it cost?
Last I hear Steve said $100. Your supposed to be able to download it and see if it will work before you buy it. Imagine it got most/all the funtionallity locked until you get some kind of key. You can only get it direct from TTS. All my info is second hand...

Old 07-21-2009, 09:14 AM
sweetroll
Advanced

Does someone have a stock XL1200 map saved that they can send me? I'd like to compare what I have to it, especially the timing areas...
Thanks!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:50 AM
ronster2
Advanced
Default Software question

I decided to do another scratch tune using the provided file TD205-002-C2. I scanned over the procedure in the latest MasterTune and DataMaster manual version 1.10 dated June 17, 2009. I remember reading about disabling the Decel Accel, Adaptive Knock Retard and the AFR tables in the V-Tune Procedure document version 2.0, dated 4/11/2009. This is not mentioned in the latest MasterTune and DataMaster manual version 1.10 mentioned above. All this manual requires to begin a tuning session is to set the AFR table to 14.6 maximums, to verify ECM Tuning Constants are for your bike, and to disable the PE mode. Nothing is mentioned about disabling the Knock Control and the EITMS.

IS THIS CORRECT?

If so, does this mean the V-Tune Procedure document version 2.0, dated 4/11/2009 is not valid anymore as a standard procedure? Do I follow the instructions in the latest manual and forget the other?

Old 07-21-2009, 11:04 AM
user 9375875
Banned

Originally Posted by ronster2
If so, does this mean the V-Tune Procedure document version 2.0, dated 4/11/2009 is not valid anymore as a standard procedure? Do I follow the instructions in the latest manual and forget the other?
You can use either procedure; The version 2.0 document was written by Doc not TTS. They both accomplish the same result. There is no need to turn off EITMS during VTune as this is a protection mechanism which is only active at idle RPM at speeds less than 1 MPH. TTS recommends leaving the knock control enabled as a CYA if any knock occurs during VTune sessions.

--Gary

Old 07-21-2009, 11:43 AM
ronster2
Advanced

Thanks Gary. I didn't think it would matter for the EITMS, but since the template revisions changed I thought an option change may impact the knock control settings.
Better safe than sorry...

Ronnie

Old 07-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by sweetroll
Does someone have a stock XL1200 map saved that they can send me? I'd like to compare what I have to it, especially the timing areas...
Thanks!
While some one may have the stock map saved, it saved in a 'backup' file format which is unviewable. All it is for is to bring your bike back to stock condition. You can not view and/or make changes to that file.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:16 PM
sweetroll
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zacharia_11
While some one may have the stock map saved, it saved in a 'backup' file format which is unviewable. All it is for is to bring your bike back to stock condition. You can not view and/or make changes to that file.
Thanks. I've been adjusting timing to try and get the bike to run cooler, but was hoping I could get a reference on what a stock 1200 was doing. The oil temp is hitting about 260 on the highway... i'd like to see cooler. What signs should I watch for if I retard the timing too much?

Old 07-23-2009, 05:32 PM
ronster2
Advanced
Default Blending the VE tables

I finished my Vtune cals and I restored the PE mode and AFR. I was going to complete the calibrated file by blending the VE tables. Although I don't completely understand the procedure described in the latest manual section 4.11 "Optional: Finalize the VE Table Values", I opened the final calibration file using MasterTune and tables already have values in every cell. Should these be blank except for the values obtained from the VTune generation? While they are not a copy of the last good value generated, they are close by a percent or two starting at the rightmost value. The comments in latest manual indicate these values do not need to be perfect since I couldn't get the engine in these regions during my VTune riding. Comments?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information