Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the blob
how do i retard timing? is it in the front rear/rear cyl. spark advance?
Yes, this is the correct table, to retard your timing reduce the values in the effected cells. If you can recreate your pinging my advice is to run a data logging session and make it ping, you could more accuraltely identify the area that needs to have timing removed by zeroing in on the Knock Retard data. Just remember to look a few frames back as the knock retard is reactionary, so the conditions that caused it are a few frames back. i beleive there are several posts here in this thread on the subject.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:35 PM
the blob
Road Warrior
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

thanks but i have no way to do a data run. so mabey i will try to take it out of closed loop

starting at 75kph and richen the af at around 13.5 and see.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

thanks but i have no way to do a data run. so mabey i will try to take it out of closed loop

starting at 75kph and richen the af at around 13.5 and see.
Ping is related to timing, this could prove to be a difficult adjustment for you with out the abiltiy to data log. I don't beleive adjustments to AFR are really going to do you much good for this problem.

Do you have a tach? The tables aren't speed related. With out having it in front of my I would guess they are RPM/MAP or RPM/TPS.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:11 PM
the blob
Road Warrior

oops im meant starting at 75 kpa! no i dont have a tach, i cant afford a dyno tune.

so im trying to narrow the fix down as close as i can. any more suggestions?

i appreciate the help!

may be retard the time 2.deg. over everything?

Old 07-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

oops im meant starting at 75 kpa! no i dont have a tach, i cant afford a dyno tune.

so im trying to narrow the fix down as close as i can. any more suggestions?

i appreciate the help!

may be retard the time 2.deg. over everything?
You would just be adjusting on trial and error so it may take abit longer but you could probably narrow it down. The sportster guys have to do it this way. Did you do your own v-tunes? Is it that you don't have a laptop available to do the data loging?

A total reduction will probably result in some performance loss. If you can guesstimate your RPM/MAP or TPS/RPM I would try and target that first and see if I had some success.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:38 PM
the blob
Road Warrior

i had the map vtuned on another guys old lap top, which i no longer have accses

so all i have to tune with is my desk top. i beleve the pinging is around 75kpa at 2800

rpm so i think im going to take it out of closed loop in that range and ret.timing and see

what happens.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

i had the map vtuned on another guys old lap top, which i no longer have accses

so all i have to tune with is my desk top. i beleve the pinging is around 75kpa at 2800

rpm so i think im going to take it out of closed loop in that range and ret.timing and see

what happens.
Kool, if it were me I would do one thing at a time. If you do both as suggested perhaps only one is the contributing factor and the other is a change you made for no reason. I'd attack the timing first, do your runs and see if its fixed, then if its not return to your previous map and try something else. IMO a handful of changes are harder to manage when your trying to fix an issue.

Good luck!

Old 07-06-2009, 02:00 PM
the blob
Road Warrior

thanks for the help!! gona do a test run!!

Old 07-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Korbenw7p3c
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pine Tree
I'm running the TTS on my '08 UC and have done so for over a year.

Assuming your bike is a TC96, either the TA205 or TD205 should get you going. From there, the vtune will get even closer. Once you understand the EFI system in general and the TTS in particular, other changes such as timing can be made to affect performance more to your liking.

As suggested above, you can purchase directly from TTS or visit their web site for dealers. A few, like Doc, did offer a bit of a discount. But even with no discount, their support would be well worth any savings.

Good luck!
I'm going to check around for price, but more importantly, I want the backup from a dealer and knowledgeable people. My greatest concern is the tuning. I'm somewhat mechanical in nature, but computer stunted. I have a laptop to work with if I purchase the TTS, but still leary.
Thanks guys. Tim. (no, not Timothy Leary!)

Old 07-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Korbenw7p3c
...I have a laptop to work with if I purchase the TTS, but still leary...
I had no experience with tuning but decided to go with the TTS anyway.

The "manual" is included with the mini-cd and has a considerable amount of information. I took a couple days reading and re-reading the online manual, figured out how to save a copy of the HD original ECM map, and then downloaded a TTS map.

The download takes all of 90 seconds and even gives you the opportunity to adjust the speedo.

I've since learned a lot more about tuning and now "play" with several different maps. I can do two or three vtunes complete with new maps in a few hours.

There's probably someone close to you that might even be able to get you started or at least show you how the systems works. Once into it, it can be a blast!

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information