Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Zacharia_11
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deadeye
Just curious, with a SE K&N & Supertrapp 2:1; I think I should start with the following base map:
2007–2009 Big Twin 1580 A/C, exhaust AE176-002

Is this base map closer to stock, stage 1 download, or something else entirely?
This is the map I used AE176-002-B1, its something else but not entirely, it was tuned for that specific application but our 2:1's aren't that far off what is their. The only thing we might see is larger changes when we do the VE calibrations after your V-Tune Data runs. For this reason you should probably do a minimum of 3 vtune data runs.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by earlehd
I just installed TTS mastertune, whAt a difference from the PCIII. I wish I had done this long ago. The bike ran better on the first run PS176 than ever before. I am on my third run now. Damn fine product, if I can do this, anybody can. I used Doc's short version first then modded some.
Great to hear. I think a lot of people are intimidated by all the tables and some of the more advanced discussions they read here. I have found that the TTS is very easy to use and if your into it allows you access to many advanced settings for a 'fine tune' or great dyno tune.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:41 PM
muttboy@hotmail.com
Stage III

can anyone out there give me the quick lowdown on vtune.also base map to get started.2007 ultra ,gmr 107, woods 530, heads 1.9 intake 1.625 ex. nobody in vancouver canada seems to know about the tts master tune.thanks muttboy@hotmail.com.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by muttboy@hotmail.com
can anyone out there give me the quick lowdown on vtune.also base map to get started.2007 ultra ,gmr 107, woods 530, heads 1.9 intake 1.625 ex. nobody in vancouver canada seems to know about the tts master tune.thanks muttboy@hotmail.com.
I can answer at least 1 of the 2

V-Tune, used to calibrate you Volumetric Efficencies. Basically calibrates your Air Fuel Ratios so that when your ECM asks for a specific AFR that is what is 'sniffed' by your o2 sensors at the other end. V-Tune is done a few times at the start of your tune to calibrate for your build, and redone if your build changes or your AFR changes (if you adjust some tables called Closed Loop Bias tables you can trick your sensors into running a little richer).

Have you reviewed the PDF calibration document on TTS website to see if you could find one close to your build?

Old 05-28-2009, 02:29 AM
vgreno2000
Intermediate
Default Idle...

Originally Posted by Zacharia_11
Go back to the original settings on idle 984 is the minimum I think. Can you tell us a little bit more about under what conditions it stops itself? Are you at idle, or just coming to a stop, just starting ect..
Hello Zach!!!

I've reset the idle table, and the miniun is 956rpm.

The moto stops itself when engine is hot, and I'm at idle, sometimes in neutral, or with the clutch engaged.

Could be the EITMS??? should I disable that option???

Thanks!!!!

Old 05-28-2009, 06:12 AM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by vgreno2000
Hello Zach!!!

I've reset the idle table, and the miniun is 956rpm.

The moto stops itself when engine is hot, and I'm at idle, sometimes in neutral, or with the clutch engaged.

Could be the EITMS??? should I disable that option???

Thanks!!!!
I wsa thinkiing EITMS, I stalled the bike trying to start off from EITMS the other day. The advise I got, but haven't been able to put into practice yet was to blip on the throttle to get it out of EITMS before I started.

I wouldb't recommend disabling EITMS, its their to cool your bike, see if you can live with a blip on the throttle first before you try this. Also I think the minimum original setting for RPM was 984. Mine is at 984 and never cut off with the clutch in, only when attempting to engage the clutch while only running on one cylinder... doh!

Old 05-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Duke of HD
Tourer
Question Which vtune method to use??

OK So I know there are two different vtune recording methods

1) Doc
2) TTS

Is there any consensus as to which one is better to use and why? They are definitely different but honestly I don't know enough to know which one is better if any and why?

Old 05-28-2009, 05:44 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone had any trouble with their 02 sensors after running the Close Loop Bias on both cylinders to 852 to get a 13.8 AFR? I've heard the sensors can carbon up like plugs but I'm wondering how many folks have had it happen. I'm wanting to do this for the summer months to keep things as cool as possible but would rather not pull the sensors to do it if I really don't have to.

Thanks

Old 05-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by Duke of HD
OK So I know there are two different vtune recording methods

1) Doc
2) TTS

Is there any consensus as to which one is better to use and why? They are definitely different but honestly I don't know enough to know which one is better if any and why?
They both do about the same thing and from what I understand, Doc reviewed at least the most recent TTS manual before it was sent out. I use the TTS Manual when doing my V-Tune.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:24 AM
hrly_tech
Intermediate

i don't know why you would want to run your 02 bias that high. when everyone says to stay below 798. do you really think you bike will run that much better at 13.8 instead of 14.2? and has anyone figured out the MPG difference from a 798 mv to a lower mv like the stock 566?

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information