Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:23 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

739 was just a good place to start in my opinion. I run is close loop 30-80 MAP. I my Adjustment o 20-30 MAP at 750-1125RPM only affects the bike at idle

Old 05-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some more reading on the subject.

In closed loop mode the ECM adapts to environmental changes to maintain a consistant AFR, using O2 sensors. These adaptations are saved as Adaptive Fuel Values in memory in the ECM... These AF Values will be applied in both Open or Closed loop mode.?

If I am in Open Loop how do I collect the corrective values to begin with?

Old 05-11-2009, 01:35 PM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Zacharia_11
Some more reading on the subject.

In closed loop mode the ECM adapts to environmental changes to maintain a consistant AFR, using O2 sensors. These adaptations are saved as Adaptive Fuel Values in memory in the ECM... These AF Values will be applied in both Open or Closed loop mode.?

If I am in Open Loop how do I collect the corrective values to begin with?

The AVF only works in closed loop. When you do your vtune runs you set all your AFR to 14.6(close loop) this is how to collect data.

Did you download the TTS tuning guide when you did your software update?

Old 05-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by vtwinbmx
The AVF only works in closed loop....
Interesting...page 28 section 3.4.4 of the tuning guide says..."Key point: The adaptive fuel values will be applied in open or closed-loop mode."

Old 05-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by Pine Tree
Interesting...page 28 section 3.4.4 of the tuning guide says..."Key point: The adaptive fuel values will be applied in open or closed-loop mode."
You beat me to it...

Old 05-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

So developing on my stratagy post for CLB.

I believe I want to stay in Closed Loop operation in as much of my map as possible. To take advantage of the benifits of a richer mixture, and because in Closed loop the ECM uses the CLB tables; My stratagy would be to adjust the areas of RPM/MAP to provide a rich mixture at Idle and at the upper portions of RPM and MAP.

<edit>
**I don't beleive CLB will have enough adjustment in it to allow me to get to the desired AFR in idle and is probably not useful as an adjustment stratagy in idle..?**
<edit>

WOT is not relevant here because CLB isn't used in open loop.

Steve [yso191], If I could indulge you, can you tell me roughly how much of you dyno tuned AFR map is not in closed loop?

Last edited by Zacharia_11; 05-11-2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: spelling, added user handle & additional thoughts
Old 05-11-2009, 02:35 PM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior

Sorry missed that one.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:51 PM
yso191
Club Member

So developing on my stratagy post for CLB.

I believe I want to stay in Closed Loop operation in as much of my map as possible. To take advantage of the benifits of a richer mixture, and because in Closed loop the ECM uses the CLB tables; My stratagy would be to adjust the areas of RPM/MAP to provide a rich mixture at Idle and at the upper portions of RPM and MAP.

<edit>
**I don't beleive CLB will have enough adjustment in it to allow me to get to the desired AFR in idle and is probably not useful as an adjustment stratagy in idle..?**
<edit>

WOT is not relevant here because CLB isn't used in open loop.

Steve [yso191], If I could indulge you, can you tell me roughly how much of you dyno tuned AFR map is not in closed loop?

It is the same area as the original map. I can email the file to you if you want. Just PM your email to me.

I would not have come up with the numbers the tuner did on the CLBT. I can say the bike is running great. Lots of smooth, consistent power, no pinging and only very rare, slight popping on decel.

Steve

Old 05-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by yso191
It is the same area as the original map. I can email the file to you if you want. Just PM your email to me.

I would not have come up with the numbers the tuner did on the CLBT. I can say the bike is running great. Lots of smooth, consistent power, no pinging and only very rare, slight popping on decel.

Steve
Thanks Steve, I was just curious to see if I your tuner messed with the original AFR or just played with the CLBT. I am putting a DataMaster file together now and am using the stratagy of multivalued CLB tables.

My original tune just used the 664 number that was used as an example in the directions. I beleive now after reading a number of different sources of info that a multi valued approach has some advantages in a closed loop system.

Last edited by Zacharia_11; 05-11-2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: 684 to 664
Old 05-11-2009, 11:23 PM
yso191
Club Member

Thanks Steve, I was just curious to see if I your tuner messed with the original AFR or just played with the CLBT. I am putting a DataMaster file together now and am using the stratagy of multivalued CLB tables.

My original tune just used the 664 number that was used as an example in the directions. I beleive now after reading a number of different sources of info that a multi valued approach has some advantages in a closed loop system.
Good! I'm interested to hear what you decide and why. Keep us posted.

Steve

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information