Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2024, 06:29 PM
Junker
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by spmn
Is it possibly you updated the “legacy” version? I think you need the BT version
I dont have the blue tooth hardware

Old 08-16-2024, 07:02 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 379 Likes on 239 Posts

You don't need the bluetooth hardware. The blue and green boxes work with the BT software. Only the black boxes won't.

Old 08-16-2024, 07:35 AM
spmn
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Junker
I dont have the blue tooth hardware
correct, I’m pretty sure you need to be using the “BT” versions software though.

Old 08-16-2024, 08:10 AM
Junker
Cruiser

I have installed the BT software with the same results. I have also added an exclusion to the window security for TTS. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled everything. I have also tried with two different laptops, and 2 ecms. I think I need someone to remote diag this.

Old 08-16-2024, 08:15 AM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,365 Likes on 988 Posts

I'm not sure if you have seen this webpage, so I'll post it here just in case.
Also, what version of Windoz are you running ?

http://www.mastertune.net/windows_security_issues.html

hth,

T.

Old 08-16-2024, 08:54 AM
Junker
Cruiser

Originally Posted by WKNDS
I'm not sure if you have seen this webpage, so I'll post it here just in case.
Also, what version of Windoz are you running ?

hth,

T.
Yes, I have done it, that is for the added exclusion in windows security.

Old 08-17-2024, 08:27 PM
Hilly13
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Just a thought, have you updated the dongle itself?

Old 08-20-2024, 02:07 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,690 Likes on 1,671 Posts

Originally Posted by Junker
I have an older green interface and the flight recorder is not working. I can record data with data master. I have updated mastertune and data master. I get a message that says flight recorder has a higher lever software version and will not communicate. what did I do wrong?
While I cannot say what you have done or not done, it's time to reset and start over. First remove all the software from your PC. Once that's done run the Software updater and only install the current product as you do not need the Legacy software. Once it install DO NOT try and run any of it go to this link and follow the instructions.

Once that is complete hook up the green interface to the bike and PC then run the "Interface Updater BT" program and make sure it goes all the way to finished. Once All this is done everything will be back to correct. Any issue after that contact us for help.

Old 08-23-2024, 10:50 AM
spmn
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wiz, can you give any input on this?

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Yup... remember, the dongle doesn't have infinite data storage. Once the dongle is full of data it will delete the oldest file to make room for more data. Personally, I too keep it on my bike and will VTune about every 3 hours of riding time. I rarely get any VE changes but after three years, I am still getting timing and ERG changes. Doing this, I make sure my motor is maintained properly and sensors changed at regular MoCo intervals or earlier. My data did find one 02 sensor going bad at 20k. So leaving dongle on does have its advantages.

-W
Are you doing this in closed loop every three hours? Or are you in your "final" map and vtuning or just collecting vtune data on the flight recorder and making manual adjustments? I have my flight recorder set to Generic Data and make small manual changes. Sorry if this is s dumb question or process I do.

Last edited by spmn; 08-23-2024 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-23-2024, 06:50 PM
Junker
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
While I cannot say what you have done or not done, it's time to reset and start over. First remove all the software from your PC. Once that's done run the Software updater and only install the current product as you do not need the Legacy software. Once it install DO NOT try and run any of it go to this link and follow the instructions.

Once that is complete hook up the green interface to the bike and PC then run the "Interface Updater BT" program and make sure it goes all the way to finished. Once All this is done everything will be back to correct. Any issue after that contact us for help.
I believe that I have followed the instruction and it still doesn't work. I would like to schedule an appointment to have you log onto my pc via team viewer.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information