Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2023, 06:12 AM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Navy
Received 6,615 Likes on 1,820 Posts

There is no speed sensor on the newest (2021 up) model touring bikes, so no adjustment available in the software.

Old 10-24-2023, 11:49 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,692 Likes on 1,672 Posts

Originally Posted by niv
@Steve Cole anything you can add to the above? Desperately wanting to add two licenses to my two blue units... Thank you very much, niv
Well the short answer is we have not received the necessary parts for two years now. That said, there is nothing we can do and since the new design units have been shipping since last December we have quit trying to find them any longer.

Old 10-24-2023, 11:52 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Originally Posted by spmn
I had been data logging most of the summer with no issues, (blue interface). Last Friday, 9-29-23, I ran the updater as it had been a few months and found DM BT, MT BT and data files were out of date. I updated and now my communications interface won’t data log.

Flight recorder says interface setup was successful, but no data files are being seen any longer. I have tried loading from interface through DM and vtune neither see any files after riding. The interface is always seen when navigating through the different programs.

I have even set flight recorder to record “Generic Data”, started and let idle for a few minutes as this is what I have done in the past to grab startup data, no files are seen.

Again, no problems prior to running updater and updating MT, DM and data files. Anyone have any thoughts?
Which software version are you using? There are two versions so that we keep support for the older type interfaces and you must use the correct software and firmware together to keep things working correctly.

Old 10-24-2023, 11:57 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Originally Posted by Hulkss
Does dynamic tune mode set the Adaptive Knock Retard Limit Tables to zero for use with VTune spark assist?
The new modes set things all up for you so there is no changes needed like the old days. When you select "Vtune mode" that puts in all the settings necessary to properly run Vtune processes. You can still do it the old way if you like. The addition of the SE Smart Tune Pro unit has to be selected each time you program the ECM as it's default mode is to switch it off. Hope this helps

Old 10-24-2023, 12:02 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

I'm tuning a 2023 FLHP. I can't get MasterTune to display the speedometer correction window. I have the option checked that should enable it. Any tips?
As Robin has already stated the speedo correction is not there for the '21 and later Touring models as they got rid of the Speed Sensor from the transmission. We are currently working to see what we can do about it but currently do not have an answer. It is part of the ABS system now and very well may cause problems if things are changed, so we are not ready to put this out until we are sure that it will not.

The following users liked this post:
WKNDS (10-24-2023)
Old 10-24-2023, 01:43 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,365 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
As Robin has already stated the speedo correction is not there for the '21 and later Touring models as they got rid of the Speed Sensor from the transmission. We are currently working to see what we can do about it but currently do not have an answer. It is part of the ABS system now and very well may cause problems if things are changed, so we are not ready to put this out until we are sure that it will not.
So reading 'between the lines' so to speak, that means do not change overall tire circumference
or change the belt sprocket ratios - yet. Otherwise, speedo is going to be 'incorrect'.

T.

Old 10-24-2023, 02:47 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Originally Posted by WKNDS
So reading 'between the lines' so to speak, that means do not change overall tire circumference
or change the belt sprocket ratios - yet. Otherwise, speedo is going to be 'incorrect'.

T.
What we are worried about is how will changing just the speedo effect the rest of the ABS part of things. Before it was not part of that system so there was no reason to worry about it. The bikes not equipped with RDRS or ABS it would be just fine but most of the bikes today still have both.

The following users liked this post:
WKNDS (10-24-2023)
Old 10-24-2023, 09:24 PM
Hulkss
HDF Community Team
Received 1,924 Likes on 1,015 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
The new modes set things all up for you so there is no changes needed like the old days. When you select "Vtune mode" that puts in all the settings necessary to properly run Vtune processes. You can still do it the old way if you like. The addition of the SE Smart Tune Pro unit has to be selected each time you program the ECM as it's default mode is to switch it off. Hope this helps
Thanks, Dynamic Tune Mode works great.

Speaking of Smart Tune Pro, since the software now supports it, is there any benefit to add it to a 2023 model that is close to stock and "close course tuned" using the TTS software suite?

Old 10-25-2023, 10:26 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Thanks, Dynamic Tune Mode works great.

Speaking of Smart Tune Pro, since the software now supports it, is there any benefit to add it to a 2023 model that is close to stock and "close course tuned" using the TTS software suite?
IMHO using any Wide Band conversion kit is a waste of money, unless you plan on changing types of fuel you run. In this case there maybe a very small benefit to it. We added the support for it because customers kept asking for it. They have read too much from the internet sales people and were sold a pot of gold and just had to have it.

Old 10-25-2023, 10:31 AM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Navy
Received 6,615 Likes on 1,820 Posts

I tried the SEWB kit with my TTS tuner, and found no worthwhile improvement in temp, milage, or power.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information