Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2023, 02:43 PM
niv
Tourer
Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by niv
Hello @Steve Cole ,

from some of your previous posts, it reads as if production for the blue tts units is only suspended temporarily until you receive the backordered parts? Or is the production discontinued permanently?
does the same apply to the upgrading of blue units to two licenses?

Thanks a lot, niv
@Steve Cole anything you can add to the above? Desperately wanting to add two licenses to my two blue units... Thank you very much, niv

Old 09-26-2023, 03:08 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,365 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by niv
@Steve Cole anything you can add to the above? Desperately wanting to add two licenses to my two blue units... Thank you very much, niv

Just my experience, I did not post anything 'here' - I went through the TTS website to update my 'blue' dongle to two licenses....
Granted, this was done before the new "BT" (bluetooth) era.... Perhaps you should call them directly or even submit a work order.

http://www.mastertune.net/support_wo...est_order.html

good luck,

T.

Old 10-02-2023, 07:58 PM
spmn
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Communication interface issue

I had been data logging most of the summer with no issues, (blue interface). Last Friday, 9-29-23, I ran the updater as it had been a few months and found DM BT, MT BT and data files were out of date. I updated and now my communications interface won’t data log.

Flight recorder says interface setup was successful, but no data files are being seen any longer. I have tried loading from interface through DM and vtune neither see any files after riding. The interface is always seen when navigating through the different programs.

I have even set flight recorder to record “Generic Data”, started and let idle for a few minutes as this is what I have done in the past to grab startup data, no files are seen.

Again, no problems prior to running updater and updating MT, DM and data files. Anyone have any thoughts?

Old 10-02-2023, 09:26 PM
NiteOwl
Supporter
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by spmn
I had been data logging most of the summer with no issues, (blue interface). Last Friday, 9-29-23, I ran the updater as it had been a few months and found DM BT, MT BT and data files were out of date. I updated and now my communications interface won’t data log.

Flight recorder says interface setup was successful, but no data files are being seen any longer. I have tried loading from interface through DM and vtune neither see any files after riding. The interface is always seen when navigating through the different programs.

I have even set flight recorder to record “Generic Data”, started and let idle for a few minutes as this is what I have done in the past to grab startup data, no files are seen.

Again, no problems prior to running updater and updating MT, DM and data files. Anyone have any thoughts?
I had this. Hopefully Steve can jump in tell you what to do. I eas helped at beginning of summer but its a little foggy how to reliably do it.

Old 10-04-2023, 06:16 AM
Hilly13
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Have you updated the blue dongle?

Old 10-09-2023, 09:03 PM
Hulkss
HDF Community Team
Received 1,924 Likes on 1,015 Posts
Default MAP Normalization Gain

MAP Normalization Gain. I believe that this is different than MAP sensor calibration.

A WOT acceleration from low RPM to redline is used during data recording with the selected air filter set-up ON the bike.

The MAP normalization gain table will compensate for intake system pressure losses or gains.

From the documentation:
"Due to intake and exhaust tuning effects, the MAP recorded by the ECM can be greater or less than barometric pressure at WOT. By adjusting this table, the MAP at WOT will always be equal to barometric pressure."

Are the above statements correct?

Last edited by Hulkss; 10-09-2023 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-10-2023, 11:25 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts

I believe so.

Old 10-10-2023, 02:47 PM
Hulkss
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Hulkss
MAP Normalization Gain. I believe that this is different than MAP sensor calibration.

A WOT acceleration from low RPM to redline is used during data recording with the selected air filter set-up ON the bike.

The MAP normalization gain table will compensate for intake system pressure losses or gains.

From the documentation:
"Due to intake and exhaust tuning effects, the MAP recorded by the ECM can be greater or less than barometric pressure at WOT. By adjusting this table, the MAP at WOT will always be equal to barometric pressure."

Are the above statements correct?
I found the text below in MasterTune Tuning Item Comments. It conflicts with my comments above. Which is correct?

"MAP Normalization Gain
This table is used to properly calibrate the MAP Sensor being used, to the system. It is NOT used to calibrate the intake track of the system. To properly calibrate this you need to have an external "calibrated" sensor mounted to the intake and have a unrestricted air intake mounted. Any restriction caused by the intake inlet assemble will give incorrect readings!

Riding the bike at one altitude ONLY, at WOT ONLY read the external sensor at each RPM adjustment point and record the reading then correct the table using the following math.

External sensor reading engine off / WOT external sensor reading. At RPM points below 2000 RPM set table to 1.0000"

Old 10-10-2023, 11:33 PM
Hulkss
HDF Community Team

Does dynamic tune mode set the Adaptive Knock Retard Limit Tables to zero for use with VTune spark assist?

Old 10-23-2023, 11:42 PM
Hulkss
HDF Community Team

I'm tuning a 2023 FLHP. I can't get MasterTune to display the speedometer correction window. I have the option checked that should enable it. Any tips?

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information