Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2022, 06:56 PM
MANIC74
Novice
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Looks like TTS now has a new tuning product. A Bluetooth dongle, no more cables needed.

http://mastertune.net/products_mastertune.html

-W
awesome!
Just looked on the website, NO CORDS!! Love it! I guess that explains why they weren’t making new corded boxes. Whenever I can find the money I might have to buy one to replace my blue box just for the convenience!

Last edited by MANIC74; 10-01-2022 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-02-2022, 05:57 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,692 Likes on 1,672 Posts

Originally Posted by MANIC74
awesome!
Just looked on the website, NO CORDS!! Love it! I guess that explains why they weren’t making new corded boxes. Whenever I can find the money I might have to buy one to replace my blue box just for the convenience!
The shortage of IC's is what pushed us to doing this. We have been working with BlueTooth for years but it just never performs as well as the USB connections do. Bluetooth has improve a lot since we started working with it over 10 years ago, but it still has it's issues. We feel we now have it improved to a good point to put it into production and not have to give up any our features, so this was our plan B while waiting on IC's. Everything we can do today, can now be done with Bluetooth and we have added enough safety to keep the problems out of it. Our Data recording speeds, which are the best in the industry, are still better than anyone else and we have been able to reduce the connection times to better than every other current product on the market. It's getting closer to what we can do with the USB, but still not there yet.

The new units fit in the palm of your hand, so it slips right in place and we put a support tab on the back of the units so it can be zip tied in place while your working with it. The newer Softails did not have very much room under there side covers and this fits right in there with no issues. The units for 2012 and newer 6 pin DTC ports will begin shipping in 2 -3 weeks as production get up to full steam. The older 4 pin DTC ports will be next year. We still have 15,000 sets of parts for the current unit IC's on back order, but they have been that way since the first of the year, so were not sure if and when they might really show up!

The following users liked this post:
MANIC74 (10-02-2022)
Old 10-02-2022, 07:18 PM
MANIC74
Novice
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
The shortage of IC's is what pushed us to doing this. We have been working with BlueTooth for years but it just never performs as well as the USB connections do. Bluetooth has improve a lot since we started working with it over 10 years ago, but it still has it's issues. We feel we now have it improved to a good point to put it into production and not have to give up any our features, so this was our plan B while waiting on IC's. Everything we can do today, can now be done with Bluetooth and we have added enough safety to keep the problems out of it. Our Data recording speeds, which are the best in the industry, are still better than anyone else and we have been able to reduce the connection times to better than every other current product on the market. It's getting closer to what we can do with the USB, but still not there yet.

The new units fit in the palm of your hand, so it slips right in place and we put a support tab on the back of the units so it can be zip tied in place while your working with it. The newer Softails did not have very much room under there side covers and this fits right in there with no issues. The units for 2012 and newer 6 pin DTC ports will begin shipping in 2 -3 weeks as production get up to full steam. The older 4 pin DTC ports will be next year. We still have 15,000 sets of parts for the current unit IC's on back order, but they have been that way since the first of the year, so were not sure if and when they might really show up!
I’m just glad the shortage didn’t shut y’all down. I had to resort to a FP3 for my wife’s sportster. It handles what is done to me hat bike. But the TTS is hands down the best.

Old 10-04-2022, 04:46 PM
Nick L
Stage III
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can the new bluetooth interface be upgraded to do 2 bikes like the old interface

WKNDS (10-04-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 12:08 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Originally Posted by Nick L
Can the new bluetooth interface be upgraded to do 2 bikes like the old interface
That is not something that we are looking at currently, so for now the answer is No. Currently we are just trying to get production up and running smoothly and as fast as people are placing orders it going to be awhile before we get that all done. That said, it will be great to get caught back up again.

MANIC74 (10-05-2022)
Old 10-20-2022, 08:34 PM
HFS
Club Member
Received 341 Likes on 205 Posts

Hello Steve,

Recently I reached out regarding the purchase of a dual blue interface. Is there any other things to consider with the new Bluetooth unit versus the blue wired unit..? Do you have any other information why to go one way versus the other..?

Thank you
Harry

Old 10-22-2022, 05:31 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Originally Posted by HFS
Hello Steve,

Recently I reached out regarding the purchase of a dual blue interface. Is there any other things to consider with the new Bluetooth unit versus the blue wired unit..? Do you have any other information why to go one way versus the other..?

Thank you
Harry
We are currently building the new BT units due to one simple fact, that is we have the parts for those in house to be able to build them. We got the last pieces in last evening so the next few weeks are going to be working to get product up and running and fill back orders. It will be slow going at first as we get use to building these new one, and learn what the best way to assemble them is going to be. Like anything else new, you just work your way through it and get better the more of them you do. As for the older Blue unit, when the parts show we will build those as well but since they are still on backorder and the delivery dates are pushing 18 months past due, were not holding our breath. The new BT units will do everything the Blue units did other than being able to put two bikes in one unit.

The following 2 users liked this post by Steve Cole:
brian allen (04-03-2023), MANIC74 (10-24-2022)
Old 10-24-2022, 05:48 PM
HFS
Club Member
Received 341 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
We are currently building the new BT units due to one simple fact, that is we have the parts for those in house to be able to build them. We got the last pieces in last evening so the next few weeks are going to be working to get product up and running and fill back orders. It will be slow going at first as we get use to building these new one, and learn what the best way to assemble them is going to be. Like anything else new, you just work your way through it and get better the more of them you do. As for the older Blue unit, when the parts show we will build those as well but since they are still on backorder and the delivery dates are pushing 18 months past due, were not holding our breath. The new BT units will do everything the Blue units did other than being able to put two bikes in one unit.
Excellent, thanks for the update Steve. I'm thinking the future may have some phone connectivity / app? I guess with just getting the units rolling that is a task in itself.
Thank you
Harry

Old 11-03-2022, 09:33 PM
NiteOwl
Supporter
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I have.a 2020 SG, Fullsac 2.0 cores, decated header and tech mats as well as larger breather. I put the canned tune in and was petty happy, BUT now Ive been running the flight software and recording my tunes, OMG, night and day, the engine is super responsive, loads of power and bikes so much fun to ride. One my 18th Flight with about 30 trips all together in there. Not sure how much more it will take but it is really running pretty sweet. I have still lots of red cells so I guess its will take a bit yet. Just wanted to mention who happy I am with the setup, the software and all the support I see people get. Also I am using the dummies information, really got me off the ground, even though I did all this back in 2008 I had forgotten so much, haha. Weathers changing fast here I might only have a day or two in the foreseeable future. Going on a long ride saturday and will take my laptop so I can upload the flights periodically as I figure each upload sets a new baseline. Thanks again for this informative thread. Bob

Last edited by NiteOwl; 11-03-2022 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-04-2022, 02:53 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteOwl
I have.a 2020 SG, Fullsac 2.0 cores, decated header and tech mats as well as larger breather. I put the canned tune in and was petty happy, BUT now Ive been running the flight software and recording my tunes, OMG, night and day, the engine is super responsive, loads of power and bikes so much fun to ride. One my 18th Flight with about 30 trips all together in there. Not sure how much more it will take but it is really running pretty sweet. I have still lots of red cells so I guess its will take a bit yet. Just wanted to mention who happy I am with the setup, the software and all the support I see people get. Also I am using the dummies information, really got me off the ground, even though I did all this back in 2008 I had forgotten so much, haha. Weathers changing fast here I might only have a day or two in the foreseeable future. Going on a long ride saturday and will take my laptop so I can upload the flights periodically as I figure each upload sets a new baseline. Thanks again for this informative thread. Bob
The TTS for Dummies is a little behind now but close enough to get everyone started. I really don't have plans to do an update.... I've been tuning my 2020 for over a year now, seems I never stop. It is still taking timing out so I keep tuning. Also, don't forget to use the Online Utilities > VTune for Torque Control, that will make your 2020 much smoother and responsive, it did mine. I also set up a second calibration for regular gas when gas prices were rising.

Enjoy

-W

WKNDS (11-04-2022)

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information