Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2022, 01:36 PM
waes
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi,
i have a problem with the TTS Software Updater.
It’s not possible to update the TTS software for a few days. After a few minutes the following error message appears - Ooops Something went wrong ...
Can someone reproduce the problem?
Regards, Walter

Old 04-21-2022, 02:20 PM
Junker
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

try deleting and reinstalling the updater.

Old 04-21-2022, 02:40 PM
waes
6th Gear

Hi Junker,
thanks for your tip, but it doesn't work. After uninstalling and reinstalling the updater from the TTS homepage, it loads the update for the TTS updater and then it hangs again until the said error message.
Regards, Walter

The following users liked this post:
Junker (04-21-2022)
Old 04-21-2022, 02:46 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,365 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by waes
Hi Junker,
thanks for your tip, but it doesn't work. After uninstalling and reinstalling the updater from the TTS homepage, it loads the update for the TTS updater and then it hangs again until the said error message.
Regards, Walter
Have you tried contacting TTS directly for official support?
http://www.mastertune.net/support_contact.html

good luck,

T.

dynaholic77 (04-27-2022)
Old 04-21-2022, 03:07 PM
waes
6th Gear

Yes, but no answer ...

Old 04-21-2022, 07:35 PM
MANIC74
Novice
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Similar problem

My avast antivirus kept blocking the install. I had to delete my antivirus (mainly use that laptop for tuning anyway) and everything proceeded fine. And the new software opened up some tuning parameters on my 21 SGS

Mr. Wizard (04-21-2022)
Old 04-22-2022, 10:23 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,692 Likes on 1,672 Posts

Originally Posted by waes
Yes, but no answer ...
The Error is generated from the server when it cannot get the information sent to your PC. It's saying it tried but did not get a proper receive notice from your PC during the transaction. It could be a internet connection issue or an anti-virus program on your PC blocking the software.

Old 04-27-2022, 06:11 AM
jjdaly
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Resetting Adaptive stored settings

ran into an issue on a bike lately where it had a crummy FP3 tune in it and had learned some knock events that were stored in the adaptive tables(?). anyways, on the dyno i was monitoring the events and they kept showing up no matter what and it appears that this is just the learned values, not real-time events. so, kinda makes it hard to tune a bike if you are looking at those, not knowing whether they are actual or learned. they appear to be stored in a place that isn't updated when flashing new values and ticking the 'reset adaptive' mark (this is with PV), it looks like it's only adaptive fuel, not spark. in the other thread i postulated that flashing a different calibration may overwrite the (apparently read-only to PV) adaptive area when writing a new calibration (software level, whatever we are calling it)

so, is TTS able to clear adaptive spark tables? without flashing a new map?

Old 04-27-2022, 06:34 AM
MANIC74
Novice

Originally Posted by jjdaly
ran into an issue on a bike lately where it had a crummy FP3 tune in it and had learned some knock events that were stored in the adaptive tables(?). anyways, on the dyno i was monitoring the events and they kept showing up no matter what and it appears that this is just the learned values, not real-time events. so, kinda makes it hard to tune a bike if you are looking at those, not knowing whether they are actual or learned. they appear to be stored in a place that isn't updated when flashing new values and ticking the 'reset adaptive' mark (this is with PV), it looks like it's only adaptive fuel, not spark. in the other thread i postulated that flashing a different calibration may overwrite the (apparently read-only to PV) adaptive area when writing a new calibration (software level, whatever we are calling it)

It doesn’t. I had a similar issue tuning my 21 SGS. Kept pulling timing learned from a bad low rpm buck with initial tune. I just decided to zero out the adaptive knock tables and that solved it. Adaptive knock just seems like a bad idea to me if the timing is done right in the tuning process.

Richard Bruce (07-09-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 06:40 AM
MANIC74
Novice

Originally Posted by jjdaly

and now that I woke up a bit, I recalled that zeroing out the adaptive spark tables is part of the Vtune process. Then you restore to original when done ,IF you are so inclined.

rigidthumper (04-27-2022)

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information