Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 09:08 AM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,212 Likes on 904 Posts

Does the TTS lock the ECM?
If I should decide to retire the SE Pro Super Tuner in favor of the TTS, what base map would you suggest for a 2013 Softail 107BB Tman 590 cams Stage 3 ported heads 1.94 intake 1.615 exhaust HPI 55/58 Max flow. 5.3 injectors Bassani Pro Streets true duals.
My laptop's charging took a dump and I don't want go use what's left of the battery til I get a new laptop so I can transfer files off it. Be nice to have a good base map to fire the new build up off of and at least heat cycle with before dyno tuning. I may do break in miles with it.

Old 01-07-2022, 09:09 AM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Navy
Received 6,616 Likes on 1,820 Posts

I believe 200TL001.MT6 is the closest you can get to a stock map on a 2008 96" touring for the old SERT. The current system doesn't allow .MT6 maps to be attached.
PM with email address if you want it sent to you.

Old 01-07-2022, 09:20 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by 60Gunner
If I should decide to retire the SE Pro Super Tuner in favor of the TTS, what base map would you suggest for a 2013 Softail 107BB Tman 590 cams Stage 3 ported heads 1.94 intake 1.615 exhaust HPI 55/58 Max flow. 5.3 injectors Bassani Pro Streets true duals.
My laptop's charging took a dump and I don't want go use what's left of the battery til I get a new laptop so I can transfer files off it. Be nice to have a good base map to fire the new build up off of and at least heat cycle with before dyno tuning. I may do break in miles with it.
It's a well known fact that the TTS locks the ECM so the calibration installed can't be damaged or overwritten by another product and damaging your ability to use the TTS again. You have to put the stock (or current) calibration back to unlock your ECM.

When you go to the TTS software you will go through a calibration wizard (no pun intended). It will help you select the closet calibration possible to your current build.

-W

Old 01-07-2022, 12:14 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 567 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by 60Gunner
I suggest talking to your tuner. He might have a better selection of cals over what is offered for starter from TTS. The 590 set up with proper compression is a pretty common cam choice. What his advantage might be is that he has done something similar before, and he can build a cal for you from what he has. Even if it is a different level cal. He can still use some of the info and make you a cal for your level. I would also ask his opinion on break in miles over a dyno break in.

Old 01-07-2022, 12:48 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,365 Likes on 988 Posts

I might as well ask a question since I see there's some 'activity' in this thread...

I use Mastertune for my '13 Iron Sportster. I am looking at an old MT7 CAL file and
I see that the Primary Ratio tab will allow changes (883 uses a different primary gear
than the 1200), but it appears that when the MT9 file versions were 'converted' or
created, the Primary Ratio tab was locked out (grey).

Anyone venture a guess why this is ? Not a huge deal other than
after we do the jug changes from an 883 to a 1275, make alot of
tuning updates, then switch to the 1200 primary gear, it becomes
kind of a pain to have to copy all of the changes from an 883 based
CAL into a 1200-based CAL file.

Thanks for any insight,

T.

Old 01-07-2022, 03:52 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 567 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by WKNDS
I might as well ask a question since I see there's some 'activity' in this thread...

I use Mastertune for my '13 Iron Sportster. I am looking at an old MT7 CAL file and
I see that the Primary Ratio tab will allow changes (883 uses a different primary gear
than the 1200), but it appears that when the MT9 file versions were 'converted' or
created, the Primary Ratio tab was locked out (grey).

Anyone venture a guess why this is ? Not a huge deal other than
after we do the jug changes from an 883 to a 1275, make alot of
tuning updates, then switch to the 1200 primary gear, it becomes
kind of a pain to have to copy all of the changes from an 883 based
CAL into a 1200-based CAL file.

Thanks for any insight,

T.
You are also gonna need an older version of Master Tune to do use with that calibration. TTS does give you the option to cut and paste multiple tables at once. Tuning constants will still need to be addressed.

Old 01-07-2022, 04:09 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,365 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
You are also gonna need an older version of Master Tune to do use with that calibration. TTS does give you the option to cut and paste multiple tables at once. Tuning constants will still need to be addressed.
I guess I should clarify, I'm not trying to 'use' the older MT7 version, just looking at it
in Mastertune. Yes it is flagged as 'obsolete'. I'm simply wondering why it was 'editable'
in the older version but not in the newer MT9 versions.

Also interestingly enough, it does not appear that the PowerVision Sportster
'tunes' allow primary ratio changes either...

I am simply wondering why....

T.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:29 PM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,212 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
I suggest talking to your tuner. He might have a better selection of cals over what is offered for starter from TTS. The 590 set up with proper compression is a pretty common cam choice. What his advantage might be is that he has done something similar before, and he can build a cal for you from what he has. Even if it is a different level cal. He can still use some of the info and make you a cal for your level. I would also ask his opinion on break in miles over a dyno break in.
Yeah he's done a lot of 107/ 590s. I'll be talking to him tomorrow. He might get my crank done this weekend. ¡

Old 01-12-2022, 08:30 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,776 Likes on 986 Posts

Hey guys, this is a weird thing that's happened to me a couple times per season, and since I have the TTS I figured I'd start by asking here. I'll be out riding and turn the bike off for a pit stop. When I go to restart it, after a few cranks it's a failed start and I let off the button. I hit it again and it starts up, but now it's running at a very high idle, and it won't come down. The first time this happened I wasn't sure what was going on, I didn't want to shut it off in case it wouldn't restart, so I rode another 30-45 min home, and that high idle was there every time I had to stop.

The last couple times this happened, I realized I can just shut off the bike, wait 10 sec or so, and restart, and then it's perfectly fine.

Anyone ever hear of this? Not sure if something is getting tripped up because of the failed start or what. I guess it's not a major thing because I know to just shut it off to correct the high idle, but I'd love to know why it does this, and if anyone else has ever heard of it.

Old 01-13-2022, 09:19 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

It's not that you are being ignored... personally I've been going mach II.

I'll think about this a bit but it seems you may have more than one issue. Cranking and high idle.

In the meantime, give us more info on your bike such as miles and mods.

-W

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information