Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 05:13 PM
FREDStr33tbob
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you think something could be wrong with the ECU is my o2 voltage is stayin at 43XXmV if the bike is hot?? They are brand new sensors

Old 10-04-2020, 06:31 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by FREDStr33tbob
Do you think something could be wrong with the ECU is my o2 voltage is stayin at 43XXmV if the bike is hot?? They are brand new sensors

Your MV are way high, they are not being seen by the ECM. Click here to view a short flight recording and watch the MV. Before you get to a bad ECM make sure you have good wiring from the ECM to each sensor. Make sure front is front and back is back cylinder. Even a poor ground could take out the sensor data.

https://app.box.com/s/dth4kg8c098649o5vvyhewe9xbimvcaw

Data Filters allow you to add or remove what you see in the lower right hand box in DM. You can click on one such as Engine Speed and change the graph color or label it something else or pick a new item to view even remove it. It comes in very handy when you are looking for spark knock or head temp rise. Eliminate all other clutter on the graphs if you want.

Old 10-04-2020, 07:24 PM
FREDStr33tbob
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Your MV are way high, they are not being seen by the ECM. Click here to view a short flight recording and watch the MV. Before you get to a bad ECM make sure you have good wiring from the ECM to each sensor. Make sure front is front and back is back cylinder. Even a poor ground could take out the sensor data.

https://app.box.com/s/dth4kg8c098649o5vvyhewe9xbimvcaw

Data Filters allow you to add or remove what you see in the lower right hand box in DM. You can click on one such as Engine Speed and change the graph color or label it something else or pick a new item to view even remove it. It comes in very handy when you are looking for spark knock or head temp rise. Eliminate all other clutter on the graphs if you want.

what’s the easiest way to view that file, chrome, safari, and the box app wont open it.

Old 10-04-2020, 07:25 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

You downloaded the file already

Open Data Master and open the file using Data Master.

Old 10-04-2020, 07:31 PM
FREDStr33tbob
Cruiser

I get that the mV are way too high. They dont drop. The richer I run the bike they drop like 100. But this is driving me bonkers...

the sensors are brand new and I’ve cleaned the connections. It’s kinda hard to swap the front to back sing as how they are color matched.

I’m at my wits end.

Old 10-04-2020, 07:34 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

I feel ya but I'm in Atlanta. Not much I can do but react to what you are saying.

Problem is... your ECM is not getting the proper data from your 02 sensors. (Assuming you are recording the data properly, I can only assume you are.)

Do you have a local trusted mechanic that can help?

Old 10-04-2020, 07:43 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Also just until you get this figured out you said.... The canned calibration runs pretty good, OK...

Flash the canned calibration and reset your Lambda in open loop so your 02 sensors are not changing your VE tables with each key on/key off.

How close are you to Lake Havasu? Look up Steve George at

https://fullsac.com/

Old 10-04-2020, 07:43 PM
FREDStr33tbob
Cruiser

I get it. I’m gonna talk to TTS Steve hopefully tomorrow. Ive unplugged the ECU and done all i know how to do. I appreciate your help.
I get the data recorded. I see all the readings and get all the info. The mV are just to high to read the AFRs and build a tune.

Thanks

Old 10-04-2020, 07:57 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by FREDStr33tbob
I get it. I’m gonna talk to TTS Steve hopefully tomorrow. Ive unplugged the ECU and done all i know how to do. I appreciate your help.
I get the data recorded. I see all the readings and get all the info. The mV are just to high to read the AFRs and build a tune.

Thanks
OK

Yes, once you get the ECM to read proper data from your sensors you will be well on your way. Steve Cole and Steve George are good friends, we are all acquainted. Tell S Cole you and I spoke and have come to this conclusion... it will be a starting place for him. He may want you to send your data files to him.

All the best

-W

Old 10-05-2020, 06:40 AM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Navy
Received 6,616 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Can you share the map currently in the bike, and any data recordings you have, that were made using that map?

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information