Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:04 AM
yso191
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nuhklz
I just ran MasterTune and my bike is now running very hot in stop and go traffic with oil temps reaching 250°F. It did not do this prior to the MasterTune when I was using a V&H FuelPak and rarely got above 200°F. I have V&H big shots and an Arlen Ness big sucker.

In the tune created by MasterTune, the cells remained in closed loop within a square block from 30 kPa through 80 kPa axis across and 750 RPM through 4500 RPM axis down. Is this normal?

I’m going to run through the tune process again from beginning to end and see if this makes a difference. The latest manual is very detailed and this may help but, if not, my next step is to disable the EITMS and start advancing the timing in the idle stages.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks…Larry

Yes, it should show 14.6 in the area you described on the AFR table. What did you set your Closed Loop Bias Tables at?

Steve

Old 04-24-2009, 10:07 AM
nuhklz
Club Member

Originally Posted by yso191
Yes, it should show 14.6 in the area you described on the AFR table. What did you set your Closed Loop Bias Tables at?

Steve
Both Closed Loop Bias Tables are set at 642 for the complete range

Old 04-24-2009, 11:24 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just ran MasterTune and my bike is now running very hot in stop and go traffic with oil temps reaching 250°F. It did not do this prior to the MasterTune when I was using a V&H FuelPak and rarely got above 200°F. I have V&H big shots and an Arlen Ness big sucker.

In the tune created by MasterTune, the cells remained in closed loop within a square block from 30 kPa through 80 kPa axis across and 750 RPM through 4500 RPM axis down. Is this normal?

I’m going to run through the tune process again from beginning to end and see if this makes a difference. The latest manual is very detailed and this may help but, if not, my next step is to disable the EITMS and start advancing the timing in the idle stages.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks…Larry
Larry here is my afr chart. My bike runs pretty cool but is has not been above 80 deg. in Cleveland yet. I do have EITMS active on my set-up.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
afr103.pdf (16.1 KB, 317 views)
Old 04-24-2009, 01:36 PM
nuhklz
Club Member

Originally Posted by vtwinbmx
Larry here is my afr chart. My bike runs pretty cool but is has not been above 80 deg. in Cleveland yet. I do have EITMS active on my set-up.
There are differences all around outside of the closed loop zone where your numbers are +.9 of mine. This may be due to the extra goodies you have that I don't.

The day I experienced the overheating was just last week at 95 deg.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:58 PM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LArry forgot to mention my CLB's are 739 a bit higher then yours. And I run a oil cooler

Last edited by vtwinbmx; 04-24-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:11 PM
nuhklz
Club Member

Originally Posted by vtwinbmx
LArry forgot to mention my CLB's are 739 a bit higher then yours. And I run a oil cooler
I run an oil cooler as well with synthetics in all three holes. I'll have to read a little more about the CLB's to understand the significance.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:31 PM
yso191
Club Member

Both Closed Loop Bias Tables are set at 642 for the complete range
I just got my bike dyno-tuned by a Doc-trained dealer, and had the map checked by Doc afterward. Here is where they set the CLBT's:

I'll go by column and work down

40, 50 & 60 kPa columns: 622, 603, 603, 603, 622
75 kPa column: 681, 681, 681, 681, 720
90 kPa column: 778, 778, 778, 778, 778

Steve

Old 04-25-2009, 02:43 PM
barefoot69
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Screw Loose Dan
So, I followed Doc's sheet that was posted a few pages back on how to setup my file for VTuning. I changed all the AFR cells to the highest AFR I could (14.6 in all except the 100 kPa column, 13.5 there), set the PE table (still not sure if that matters on a Sporty??!?!), Set Closed Loop Bias Voltage tables to 700, Set Warm Up Enrichment to 0, and skipped all the steps for Knock control (Sportsters don't have these tables).

Went out for a warm up spin on the bike (it's about 38° F or 3° C). Blew the new V-Tune calibration into the bike. Started the bike and let idle for a while. Could never get the yellow "Waiting" to turn to Green "Good" as it shows in Doc's instructions. The AE, DE, AFR, ET, and MAP all turned green, but the "Waiting" would never turn. I tried gathering data anyway figuring maybe it would?? It never worked. Rode around for a good 30 minutes (after blowing the new calibration in...total time running was probably closer to an hour).

Here''s a screen shot after trying to gather some data:

Any suggestions? Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Steve - You are always saying you take suggestions into consideration...here's a couple thoughts...Within VTune pages, let users keep the type of bike selected from tuning session to tuning session. Maybe like the Save Display Assignments Now option in the main section of DataMaster? Minor nuisance to have to select Sportster every time I bring the VTune page up. Another thought, can we view the temps in Celsius? Why would I care what they are in Fahrenheit when all the tables are in Celsius? My thoughts for now.
iam having this same problem today on yellow not turning green. any help would be app.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by barefoot69
iam having this same problem today on yellow not turning green. any help would be app.
Click on the "START" button and recording should begin.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:40 PM
barefoot69
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Pine Tree
Click on the "START" button and recording should begin.
did press start button, every yellow button turned green except yellow waiting

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information