Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 03:21 PM
Uncpaul
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I use a friends tuner and software to unlock my bike? It has a TTS tune on it now. I bought a Fuelpak 3 I can't use.

Old 10-09-2019, 03:29 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncpaul
Can I use a friends tuner and software to unlock my bike? It has a TTS tune on it now. I bought a Fuelpak 3 I can't use.

Use your TTS to put in the original calibration. Then you can use your FP3.

If you don't have your TTS then call them and ask for assistance but no, you can't use a friends TTS. You must use yours.

Old 10-09-2019, 03:32 PM
Uncpaul
Stage III

If I had a TTS tuner I wouldn't need help or a Fuelpak 3.

Old 10-09-2019, 03:36 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Sounds like there is a lot more to your story.

If you don't have the TTS that flashed your bike then contact TTS.

Here is their email steve@ttspowersystems.com

Good luck

Old 10-09-2019, 03:37 PM
Uncpaul
Stage III

Thanks, I did email Steve never heard back.

Old 10-09-2019, 03:42 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

OK. He also follows this thread so he knows you need info. Not sure how long ago you sent him a message but I do know he is moving his business into another building so he's running his **** off with that and the new 2020 calibrations.

Wish I had magic for you but that's about all I got.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:34 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,776 Likes on 986 Posts

I bought a used bike last year and I bought a Fuelpak. When I tried to tune it I got an error, and that's when I found out it had been previously tuned with a TTS. I called TTS and they gave me 3 options:
  1. Get my hands on the original TTS tuner
  2. Buy a new TTS tuner
  3. Remove the ECM from the bike and ship it to TTS, and they would restore it to the factory tune. There was a charge for this, I think under $100.
I called the dealer where I bought the bike, and they were able to get the original tuner from the previous owner. (But he lost the cable, which cost $50). Since I never flashed the bike with the Fuelpak, I was able to return it for a refund. I still have the TTS.

Buying a used bike, private sale or from a dealer, is like the wild wild west. When I sell a bike I make sure everything goes with it - the owner's manual, both keys, any parts or accessories I might have removed. It is a no brainer that a TTS tuner, which locks the ECM, should always go with the bike. The TTS dongle is a useless brick and to anyone else. But apparently people just don't care.

Sorry for the rant...hope this helps.

Last edited by Bluesrider.df; 10-10-2019 at 07:41 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bluesrider.df:
FLTRI17 (10-30-2019), Mr. Wizard (10-10-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 11:09 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 621 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
I bought a used bike last year and I bought a Fuelpak. When I tried to tune it I got an error, and that's when I found out it had been previously tuned with a TTS. I called TTS and they gave me 3 options:
  1. Get my hands on the original TTS tuner
  2. Buy a new TTS tuner
  3. Remove the ECM from the bike and ship it to TTS, and they would restore it to the factory tune. There was a charge for this, I think under $100.
I called the dealer where I bought the bike, and they were able to get the original tuner from the previous owner. (But he lost the cable, which cost $50). Since I never flashed the bike with the Fuelpak, I was able to return it for a refund. I still have the TTS.

Buying a used bike, private sale or from a dealer, is like the wild wild west. When I sell a bike I make sure everything goes with it - the owner's manual, both keys, any parts or accessories I might have removed. It is a no brainer that a TTS tuner, which locks the ECM, should always go with the bike. The TTS dongle is a useless brick and to anyone else. But apparently people just don't care.

Sorry for the rant...hope this helps.
Don’t be sorry. The original owner should have made it clear he had the tuner for the bike. And the dealer should have asked if the bike had been tuned.
Used to be the dealers could simply overwrite whatever calibration is in the bike, custom-tuned or not with their canned, crappy maps. Can’t happen with TTS.
Since you have the tuner, are you considering having retuned? If so look for a TTS approved tuner so the end product is a smooth, responsive, bike in all running areas, getting great mileage at the same time.
You will not be disappointed!
Bob

The following users liked this post:
Mr. Wizard (10-11-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 11:15 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,776 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by FLTRI17
Don’t be sorry. The original owner should have made it clear he had the tuner for the bike. And the dealer should have asked if the bike had been tuned.
Used to be the dealers could simply overwrite whatever calibration is in the bike, custom-tuned or not with their canned, crappy maps. Can’t happen with TTS.
Since you have the tuner, are you considering having retuned? If so look for a TTS approved tuner so the end product is a smooth, responsive, bike in all running areas, getting great mileage at the same time.
You will not be disappointed!
Bob
Hey Bob,
Once I got the tuner, I installed a new intake and did a fresh bunch of Flight Recorder runs. That was over a year ago. I get 42-44mpg and the bike runs really well. There is some decal popping if I am very aggressive and then cut throttle, but that's pretty rare. I'm sure a pro could tweak it, but I'm happy with how if runs and sounds.

Old 10-11-2019, 12:49 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,692 Likes on 1,672 Posts

Our Email and internet has been out since last Friday and they just got it back working last night. As others have said you have three options
Get the TTS unit if possible or buy a new one
Return the ECM from the bike to TTS to have programming removed
Replace the ECM

For the record ALL ECM's are locked from the factory. Just like the lock on your front door of your home, if you do not have the key your not going to get in. TTS just uses a different key to get in, that stopped the calibrations from getting taken out without the owners permission or knowledge. This solved lots of problems for customers who paid for a custom tune and had a HD dealer wipe it out for them when a bike was in for service.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information