Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 02:31 PM
rsking45
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
One needs to be careful as 0.981 is not always a good value, Some will need to be set at a higher value to keep it in closed loop operation.
What you be a good valve to use to keep it in closed loop operation? 0.987?

Old 07-11-2019, 10:18 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,690 Likes on 1,671 Posts

Originally Posted by rsking45
What you be a good valve to use to keep it in closed loop operation? 0.987?
There is no firm answer, this is due to the parts being used. The biggest problems are cause by the aftermarket exhaust systems and them not placing the O2 sensors properly into the pipes. Many have gone to using cheap adapters to place them and they just do not work very well then. The only way to tell on your bike is to use a value like 0.987 and see if the bike tunes in and stays stable.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:44 PM
rsking45
Road Warrior

One more question for ya Steve. I'm not seeing the egr tables after doing some vtuning and running all info through datamaster to create a new cal. Does the egr tables only appear if something changed in them?

Old 07-11-2019, 05:53 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Originally Posted by rsking45
One more question for ya Steve. I'm not seeing the egr tables after doing some vtuning and running all info through datamaster to create a new cal. Does the egr tables only appear if something changed in them?

Vtune3 will only show what is being adjusted. So you are correct in your assumption that if it doesn't need adjusting your not going to see it. The one thing that one needs to remember, is that every adjustment in the ECM must be in the proper range to be adjusted. So let's say that the engine is running too lean. Vtune 3 is smart enough to know that and will not adjust the EGR or spark ect. in those areas until the lean condition is fixed. So the combination of adjustments has to be done in the correct order as well.

Old 07-16-2019, 09:01 AM
rsking45
Road Warrior

Vtune3 will only show what is being adjusted. So you are correct in your assumption that if it doesn't need adjusting your not going to see it. The one thing that one needs to remember, is that every adjustment in the ECM must be in the proper range to be adjusted. So let's say that the engine is running too lean. Vtune 3 is smart enough to know that and will not adjust the EGR or spark ect. in those areas until the lean condition is fixed. So the combination of adjustments has to be done in the correct order as well.
That's some good information to know. Thanks for the help

Old 07-26-2019, 04:19 PM
jjdaly
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 105 calibration question

steve (or anyone), is it possible to use the cam ivo/ivc settings with 105 calibrations? i have a 2003 with Woods 8 cams and wanted to see how tuning it with TTS would be, but it appears as if i need at least a 127 cal to change cam ivo/ivc?

does this require an ecm swap to 32534-05/11 ecm to support this cal?

wondering what my options are....

Old 07-27-2019, 05:33 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Originally Posted by jjdaly
steve (or anyone), is it possible to use the cam ivo/ivc settings with 105 calibrations? i have a 2003 with Woods 8 cams and wanted to see how tuning it with TTS would be, but it appears as if i need at least a 127 cal to change cam ivo/ivc?

does this require an ecm swap to 32534-05/11 ecm to support this cal?

wondering what my options are....
The early ECM's that use 105 base calibrations cannot setup the IVO and IVC points, as you cannot properly measure them. To properly set the IVO/IVC of ANY model year you MUST measure them in a running engine. No amount of camcard numbers can do that for you, it needs to be measured in your running engine to be done properly.

Old 07-27-2019, 09:13 PM
jjdaly
Cruiser

The early ECM's that use 105 base calibrations cannot setup the IVO and IVC points, as you cannot properly measure them. To properly set the IVO/IVC of ANY model year you MUST measure them in a running engine. No amount of camcard numbers can do that for you, it needs to be measured in your running engine to be done properly.
understood thanks. is it just that the older ecms don't have the processing speed or io to be able to do it properly?

Old 07-29-2019, 12:56 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 619 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by jjdaly
understood thanks. is it just that the older ecms don't have the processing speed or io to be able to do it properly?
Technology has allowed upgrading software and hardware to allow for better and more accurate poling and analysis of data to better handle tuning challenges...especially thanks to folks like Steve Cole and his dedication to getting it right.
Bob

Last edited by FLTRI17; 07-29-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:29 AM
jjdaly
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FLTRI17
Technology has allowed upgrading software and hardware to allow for better and more accurate poling and analysis of data to better handle tuning challenges...especially thanks to folks like Steve Cole and his dedication to getting it right.
Bob
yes, that's understood as well.

what im wondering is if the ivo/ivc settings could possibly be calculated differently depending on the calibration.... say for example i have an ecm with 127 cal that can calculate the settings for me on the dyno. would those same settings work in an older ecm with a 105 cal that can't do the calculation? is there something that might make the calculation different between levels of calibrations using the same hardware?

if a 32534-11 ecm is capable of 127 & 176 cals, would it be possible that the 2 calibrations might come up with different numbers on the exact same build?

more specifically asking about the former (transferring the calculation to a 105 cal ecm), but interested in both.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information