Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 10:57 PM
zigzag930
Advanced
Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm sure others will comment on this, but there should be not correlation between flushing your brake (ABS) system fluid and any TTS tuning. Something doesn't make sense. Flushing the brakes (or clutch) should be a matter of draining the fluid, filling with new fluids and bleeding the system. I can't imaging why any Digital Technician services would be required for this service UNLESS there is some sort of reprogramming of the ABS logic.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:24 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by zigzag930
I'm sure others will comment on this, but there should be not correlation between flushing your brake (ABS) system fluid and any TTS tuning. Something doesn't make sense. Flushing the brakes (or clutch) should be a matter of draining the fluid, filling with new fluids and bleeding the system. I can't imaging why any Digital Technician services would be required for this service UNLESS there is some sort of reprogramming of the ABS logic.
I've flushed the brakes on my ABS equipped Street Glide, many times, without even turning the bike's ignition on. Never had an issue.

The HD ABS recall bulletin requires the Dealer to use their Digital Technician during their brake fluid flush in order to activate the ABS solenoid (for an extended period of time) in order to do a complete, thorough flush.

I don't know if the Dealers Digital Technician will be unable to communicate with my bike, due to the custom TTS loaded map.

Thanks

Old 09-24-2018, 07:05 AM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 308 Likes on 213 Posts

There should be no issues leaving the TTS tune in the ECM.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:47 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,776 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by zigzag930
It's not required to use Digital Technician or to activate ABS yourself to do a brake fluid flush. I was originally under the impression that it was required, as you are. I'd have to dig to find the info, but the bottom line is that you can do a fluid change, and as long as you don't introduce air into the system, you will be able to change the fluid 100%. I did this on front and back with no issue at all.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:02 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
It's not required to use Digital Technician or to activate ABS yourself to do a brake fluid flush. I was originally under the impression that it was required, as you are. I'd have to dig to find the info, but the bottom line is that you can do a fluid change, and as long as you don't introduce air into the system, you will be able to change the fluid 100%. I did this on front and back with no issue at all.
Once again: I've flushed the brakes on my ABS equipped Street Glide, many times, without even turning the bike's ignition on. Never had an issue.

The HD ABS recall bulletin requires the Dealer to use their Digital Technician during their brake fluid flush in order to activate the ABS solenoid............

Thanks

Old 09-30-2018, 09:12 PM
Christopher.z.webb
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Limiter

I’ve been all through the tts manual and can’t seem to find how to adjust or remove the speed limiter. For example changing the max speed on a touring Milwaukee 8 from 107 to 127? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

107 to 127 is about cubic inches.....nothing to do with the speed limiter. Please clarify what you are after.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:40 PM
Christopher.z.webb
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple questions

Question 1: just installed the RS468 cam in my Milwaukee 8. The can tune off the TTS program has the rpm limit set for 6200 rpm’s but the main lambda only goes to 5500. Does this mean it is only collecting data up to 5500 and how do you change it to 6200.

Question 2: Found the TTS for dummies article and it says to change the PE RPM setting to 10,000 rpm, the can map is set to 4300 where I assume it should stay when not tuning. Do I change it to 10,000 while tuning (flight recorder) or am I misunderstanding it?

Question 3: In the program, it recommends to leave the Spark Assist off till the AFR is stable. Is this accurate and can someone please post a AFR that is UNstable and one that IS stable.

Question 4: this is a two part question, The manual says to turn the ignition switch off and wait 15 seconds before starting. It states just the handlebar switch. Do I leave the power to the bike on then turn the kill switch back to run, then start it? And let’s say for the past 6 years I’ve been using TTS I’ve been turning the entire bike off and waiting 15 seconds before starting, would that be the reason I was not successful with tuning my last bike correctly? If not, what would the result be if I cut off all power to the bike instead off just the kill switch?

Thanks in advance, I know these may seem like some easy question for some of you or maybe not, but I would really appreciate the help. I had this tuner on my last bike and never got it tuned right. Trying to get it right this time. I love this program, just want to make sure I get it right this time.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:55 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,776 Likes on 986 Posts

I'm no authority but I'll mention a couple things...

Originally Posted by Christopher.z.webb
Question 2: Found the TTS for dummies article and it says to change the PE RPM setting to 10,000 rpm, the can map is set to 4300 where I assume it should stay when not tuning. Do I change it to 10,000 while tuning (flight recorder) or am I misunderstanding it?

Change to 10,000 for tuning, and back to original when done. I think this is mentioned at end of the Dummies guide.

Question 4: this is a two part question, The manual says to turn the ignition switch off and wait 15 seconds before starting. It states just the handlebar switch. Do I leave the power to the bike on then turn the kill switch back to run, then start it? And let’s say for the past 6 years I’ve been using TTS I’ve been turning the entire bike off and waiting 15 seconds before starting, would that be the reason I was not successful with tuning my last bike correctly? If not, what would the result be if I cut off all power to the bike instead off just the kill switch?

I had the same experience. I know it was properly flashing the tune because each successive Flight Recorder run showed less and less changes to the tuning. I don't think it makes a difference either way, using the ignition switch or total power.

Old 10-06-2018, 04:30 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,692 Likes on 1,672 Posts

Question 1: just installed the RS468 cam in my Milwaukee 8. The can tune off the TTS program has the rpm limit set for 6200 rpm’s but the main lambda only goes to 5500. Does this mean it is only collecting data up to 5500 and how do you change it to 6200.

It means that is the last adjustment point and the ECM will continue to use that at any RPM higher than 5500

For Vtune it is best to set the PE Mode RPM to 10,000 to turn that mode off while tuning. Once done set it back to Original value

Question 3: In the program, it recommends to leave the Spark Assist off till the AFR is stable. Is this accurate and can someone please post a AFR that is UNstable and one that IS stable.

This is so you do not remove timing when the engine is too lean. Remember that Spark Assist can only remove timing and not add it back. The ECM doesn't know why the engine pinged just that it did and a overly Lean engine will ping and/or to much timing will make it ping. So its up to you to make sure it's not pinging due to being too Lean.

You can use either one, the ECM just needs the power off for about 15 seconds to finish it's programming.

Thanks in advance, I know these may seem like some easy question for some of you or maybe not, but I would really appreciate the help. I had this tuner on my last bike and never got it tuned right. Trying to get it right this time. I love this program, just want to make sure I get it right this time.
See Above

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information