Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 10:33 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,691 Likes on 1,672 Posts

Originally Posted by DaleMc0622
I have what is probably a stupid question but I have never owned a bike with the TTS tuner and I just bought an 07 FLHTCU with a new SE 110 that has 1200 miles on it. Reading the service paperwork the dealership gave me, it shows a Dyno tune and TTS tuner install a year ago. Now my random question. The bike has the football air cleaner cover on the SE Stage 1 air cleaner kit. If I change out the cover to an open filter with rain sock, with this affect the tune? I apologize if this is a stupid question or is addressed elsewhere, new to a bike with a tuner as I said.
If your bike runs well now, with just a different air cleaner change you will be fine. Now if you do more than that I would recommend addressing the tune.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:27 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 620 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by DaleMc0622
...Dyno tune and TTS tuner install a year ago. Now my random question. The bike has the football air cleaner cover on the SE Stage 1 air cleaner kit. If I change out the cover to an open filter with rain sock, with this affect the tune? I apologize if this is a stupid question or is addressed elsewhere, new to a bike with a tuner as I said.
The TTS Mastertune does not stay on the bike. It is a communication device that allows changing the parameters of the EFI brain itself. Once the bike is tuned the TTS dongle is stored for the next mod that requires tuning.
That said you need to verify you have the TTS dongle because without it NO changes can be made to the running (tune) of your bike without purchasing a new one.
Bob

Old 02-01-2018, 05:03 PM
DaleMc0622
Tourer
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by FLTRI17
The TTS Mastertune does not stay on the bike. It is a communication device that allows changing the parameters of the EFI brain itself. Once the bike is tuned the TTS dongle is stored for the next mod that requires tuning.
That said you need to verify you have the TTS dongle because without it NO changes can be made to the running (tune) of your bike without purchasing a new one.
Bob
Thanks, the tuner was in the tour pak with no connecting wires. I well have to find somewhere to purchase the necessary wiring. The dealer did the tune using it, maybe they kept the cords.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:43 PM
Manfire
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need starting calibration

I'm rebuilding my 2008 ultra with 107" kit and S&S mr103 cams (same as crane 302-2 ). I can't find a starting calibration in the tts mastertune listing that comes close. The bike also has a high flow air cleaner and a 2 into 1 exhaust. I don't have access to a dyno so will be autotuning.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:29 PM
DeConstricted
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boyesen X-Wing?

Just got a cream puff '99 RK with Magnetti-Marelli fuel injection. It has performance upgrades done right, stage 1 map, Power Comander, and dyno tuned.
It runs strong, but has the mildest stumble when cracking the throttle wide open at low rpm (more audible than felt). I have heard the MM EFI can be challenging and since this bike has had competent tuning, I was considering the Boyesen Power X-Wing.
Perhaps the reduced turbulence and increased velocity at low rpm might solve it.
Thoughts, anyone tried this.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:39 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by DeConstricted
Just got a cream puff '99 RK with Magnetti-Marelli fuel injection. It has performance upgrades done right, stage 1 map, Power Comander, and dyno tuned.
It runs strong, but has the mildest stumble when cracking the throttle wide open at low rpm (more audible than felt). I have heard the MM EFI can be challenging and since this bike has had competent tuning, I was considering the Boyesen Power X-Wing.
Perhaps the reduced turbulence and increased velocity at low rpm might solve it.
Thoughts, anyone tried this.
Adding a restrictor in the airflow may help in some aerodynamic way to correct a bad tune spot is not the way to fix it.
Take it to a knowledgeable tuner and have him fix that area of the tune.
There are no add-on do-dads that will fix a bad spot in a tune.
Save your money for a qualified tuner to fix your issue.
Bob

Old 02-21-2018, 12:30 PM
DeConstricted
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FLTRI17

Adding a restrictor in the airflow may help in some aerodynamic way to correct a bad tune spot is not the way to fix it.
Take it to a knowledgeable tuner and have him fix that area of the tune.
There are no add-on do-dads that will fix a bad spot in a tune.
Save your money for a qualified tuner to fix your issue.
Bob
Supposedly, this was the senior tuner at a renowned HD performance shop.
I was wondering if this might be an intrinsic problem with the Magneti Marelli?

Old 02-22-2018, 11:23 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member

With MM injection and only having a Power Commamder to tune with, anomalies show up on occasion. Taking the bike back to the tuner should produce a fix as long as it’s repeatable.
Bob

Old 02-26-2018, 11:24 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,691 Likes on 1,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Manfire
I'm rebuilding my 2008 ultra with 107" kit and S&S mr103 cams (same as crane 302-2 ). I can't find a starting calibration in the tts mastertune listing that comes close. The bike also has a high flow air cleaner and a 2 into 1 exhaust. I don't have access to a dyno so will be autotuning.
I would start with an EYB205-04. Get it running with a basic Vtune done in the idle and light throttle area first. Then follow the Camtune section and setup the IVO portion of the tune. Continue with vtune and it should work out fine.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:25 PM
DaleMc0622
Tourer
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Does anyone know someone close the Charleston SC or Sav. Ga. that is good with the TTS? Took my Ultra to the dealer today, they installed the tts and mapped it before I bought it and they spent three hours tuning today, rode home, about 70 miles and when I stopped for a minute, the bike backfired through the intake when trying to start it, took three tries to get it started. Made a second stop, yep, same thing then.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information