Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 01:58 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by Makdaddy
I can confirm that the ratio set under constants will change the speedo reading
I had to change mine when i went to the 32 tooth comp
But then again I had to change it for the Cruise and 6th gear light to work. and still made the change for speedo vs GPS in the window wiz is referring to
That's what I did when I changed to a 30 tooth. I remember changing the ratio to bring back the light and cruise then used the speedo adjustment option. to mesh the GPS and Speedo. I wonder now if I did the speedo adjustment first if I would have had to do it twice after changing the ratio... ?? anyone??

Hint: A little short cut... when using the ratio to bring back cruise and the 6th gear light all you need is 6th gear pulls with the rear tire jacked up in the air at 35 MPH. If you don't have the 6th gear light you don't have the correct ratio numbers.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:46 AM
tommyglide
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes, the speedo adjustment option. When used on my sickle rather than the ratio adjustment, the 6 gear light wouldnt illuminate unless rolling the throttle back, not a biggy but an oddity. Changed the ratio to actual ratio # (again with the 49 tooth) and 6 gear light anomaly dissapeared. WTF.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by tommyglide
Yes, the speedo adjustment option. When used on my sickle rather than the ratio adjustment, the 6 gear light wouldnt illuminate unless rolling the throttle back, not a biggy but an oddity. Changed the ratio to actual ratio # (again with the 49 tooth) and 6 gear light anomaly dissapeared. WTF.

That's exactly how it works. Ratio to get light then speedo adjustment to bring speedo and GPS together.

Ratio has something do to with the tranny sensor recognizing 5th gear speed. Sorry I don't remember the exact process.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:23 PM
tommyglide
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Interesting how that works,,, and then to remember most of it.
Lots of respect for those tuners (the human ones) that are at the top of their game,,,,, dummies need not apply eh.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:34 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Yeah... well... I'm getting old and want to ride instead of tinker.

The following users liked this post:
WKNDS (05-14-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 04:24 AM
rigidorbust
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what happend ,,after my last update everything is in small text in the left corner

Old 05-17-2017, 02:45 PM
Tsani
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just a little follow up. While going thru my tune data files of my bike, I had been seeing a rougher idle than I would like and the TPS line was not smooth at all either at idle.
So I changed the TPS sensor on a hunch. It had a 110000 miles on it. Made a nice difference. Idle doesn't jump around as much and the TPS line is rock solid. Bike seems to take off from
a stop better to boot. Also, I noticed that graphing of the IAC Warm-up is dead on were before it was kinda spiky. I attached a before and after jpeg. the bottom two graph lines are the idle and TPS.
So I would recommend changing the TPS sensor out if you have any serious miles on it. In addition to the miles, the bike has seen al ot of city stop and go traffic which I would think wears em out
quicker too.

Now I am considering the other sensors.

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-idle1.jpg   TTS Mastertune Information-idle2.jpg  

Last edited by Tsani; 05-17-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:40 PM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 208 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsani
Just a little follow up. While going thru my tune data files of my bike, I had been seeing a rougher idle than I would like and the TPS line was not smooth at all either at idle.
So I changed the TPS sensor on a hunch. It had a 110000 miles on it. Made a nice difference. Idle does jump around as much and the TPS line is rock solid. Bike seems to take off from
a stop better to boot. Also, I noticed that graphing of the IAC Warm-up is dead on were before it was kinda spiky. I attached a before and after jpeg. the bottom two graph lines are the idle and TPS.
So I would recommend changing the TPS sensor out if you have any serious miles on it. In addition to the miles, the bike has seen al ot of city stop and go traffic which I would think wears em out
quicker too.

Now I am considering the other sensors.
Good tip, another thing to check is the throttle plate (butterfly) in the TB. If it is loose or worn it can gives some abnormal readings and idle issues as well.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:36 PM
pttech
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gentlemen,
I'm a nube builder and TTS tuner. Forgive me, because I'm sure this has been answered but I can't find it.

I loaded DAG009-10-A0 and changed the displacement to 106 and changed the cam lift, intake opening and closing values to those on the cam spec sheet. I ran the Cam tuner and it indicates value of 3. Is the 3 supposed to be an adjustment to the original cam numbers or is that what I enter in the estimator? My numbers on the spec sheet are 22 Intake and 48 EX.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:43 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Just warm up the bike and do a Cam Tune on it as per the Manual. See what you have them post the graph here.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information