Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Tsani
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If its the Warmup Enrichment Table you are asking about, I would have to say is on?

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-wet.jpg  
Old 06-08-2016, 11:37 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 567 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsani
So Doc, Hardtail, you guys think it's an issue with the sensors not being in the exhaust stream and getting good data reads? Trying to think how I am going to fix that with having it look like crap. The way it looks to me it low rpm areas there is not much I can do except tune it for open loop.

There was a sticky over on HTT that showed a quick way to cut down bungs with a spot facer that would allow the o2 to get into the stream. It was done on a Xseries TH with long bungs.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:50 AM
Tsani
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, I looked at that idea. But on the stock header there is not a lot to work with to begin with. I also noticed that the head pipe for a 2010 softail is indented somewhat at the bung locations. I assume this is being done to get them alittle further into the stream. Also noticed that the front bung is located way lower yet if I am correct, they are still using the unheated sensors? They didn't go to the heated sensors till 2011 in softails? That's also when they went to the canbus ecm's.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:00 PM
rigidorbust
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on my 4th flight recorder run ,the bike runs better and better , but now i get this warning saying my injectors runs over the 85% limit, got new 5.3 injectors
ready,so now the stupid question,,when i change the injectors do i have to do everything all over again or do i just change the box where it says 4.35 to 5.3.and then map the bike,,thanks

Old 06-15-2016, 12:33 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

VEs are tuned around air flow and fuel flow.

I'd start it all over if it were mine or brought to me to change injectors.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 06-15-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:45 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

To me.... correct me if I'm wrong but

When you change the injector size in the MasterTune software all you are doing is changing a part of the equation which will use fuel (AFR/Lambda) numbers with Cubic Inches to find the target voltage spike to the injectors. Once you change the numbers on the calibration you will still receive the same VE numbers but your % limit will reduce.

In short, When you change a table on the equation other tables will compensate to give you a target Fuel Ratio. Size of the injector only matters in the math and WOT ability to squirt more fuel when required.

Keep what you have. Physically change your injectors, change the injector size in the VTune calibration.

But, then again, I could be wrong. Is just my way of understanding things.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:06 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

That assumes the injectors have the same opening time (or sometimes called dead time depending on who you ask) This can make a huge bust at low power. Somewhat less at high power.

Andy

Old 06-15-2016, 02:29 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by rigidorbust
on my 4th flight recorder run ,the bike runs better and better , but now i get this warning saying my injectors runs over the 85% limit, got new 5.3 injectors
ready,so now the stupid question,,when i change the injectors do i have to do everything all over again or do i just change the box where it says 4.35 to 5.3.and then map the bike,,thanks

Swap the injectors and change it in the injector size, and yes, then continue with your tuning. It will be close but not perfect. Injectors aren't linear or perfectly matched.

The 4.35's (white bands) and the 5.3's (red bands) are the same injector. The only difference is the size of the holes in the spray tip to allow more fuel to pass. No reason to worry about dead times and such.

The following users liked this post:
Mr. Wizard (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 02:33 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Here is a link that came up with a quick Google search.

http://injector-rehab.com/shop/lag.html

Old 06-15-2016, 04:31 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by whittlebeast
Here is a link that came up with a quick Google search.

http://injector-rehab.com/shop/lag.html

I'd spend a little more time and find something that talks about Weber Pico injectors that we deal with in the HD world.

Continually talking about apples when oranges are the discussion doesn't help, and isn't impressive.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information