Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 11:59 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what usb adapter are you using? The belkin one is the only one that consistently proves it works.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:26 PM
ronster2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm using a DYNEX brand. This is my 2nd. They make quality cables, but apparently something's not right. I just bought this cable last night at $40. I guess I should go ahead and order the cable kit for $78 plus shipping. Thanks.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:33 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ronster2
I'm trying to get started with this MasterTune, but I continue to get "bootloader error" "quitting!". I'm not having trouble getting the configuration from my ECM. All of the approriate info is filled in and it MasterTune allows me to insert my model name. When I select the "save" command in will begin to the writing process and at apprx 30% it will stop and ask me to name the file. After I type in the file name, it will continue and indicate "installing bootloader". At 40%, the process stops and the "bootloader error" is displayed along with "quitting!". I have tried different usb-to-serial adapters, usb ports, com ports, and shorter file names. Nothing seems to work. Nothing in the help files on this. I'm running the XP OS and I have Framework 3.0 with SP's.
ronster2:

I'm curious as to your statement above concerning:

and it MasterTune allows me to insert my model name.
Are you having to type a model name during the ecm programming?

Most bootloader issues I've come in contact with was due to a non-compatable Serial Adapter; or not having correct/latest drivers for it. And they usually happen at ~25% of the upload.

BTW: Never had a failure with the Belkin F5U109/409 Adapters; nor with the TTS Adapter.

Last edited by WVULTRA; 04-16-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:14 PM
TickTock
Club Member

Originally Posted by ronster2
I'm using a DYNEX brand. This is my 2nd. They make quality cables, but apparently something's not right. I just bought this cable last night at $40. I guess I should go ahead and order the cable kit for $78 plus shipping. Thanks.
I think you should save your money and buy the belkin brand. It works...

Old 04-16-2009, 06:00 PM
ronster2
Advanced

Yes, I can insert my bike's model in the area just below the year of my bike. This is after I do the "get ECM". It's reading everything else, but allows for the model input and a comment before I do the save command. Keep in mind, this is the step where I'm attempting to save the factory ECM file, so this info is basically a preface to the contents of the saved file. Not part of the ECM configuration, but you knew that!

Old 04-16-2009, 07:45 PM
sweetroll
Advanced

I have a Mastertune on the way to my house, along with a 1250 upgrade kit from NRHS. Is there any way I can get an electronic copy of the Mastertune Manual? I have a long plane ride back home in a couple of weeks and need some reading material.
Thanks.
PS. I purchased it from Fuel Moto, and already asked for an electronic copy from them, but they said they don't have one...

Old 04-16-2009, 08:18 PM
jschmuck
Novice
Default Printable Help Files

I am one of those people that prefers a printed manual for learning materials. I converted the help files to docs to format them and then to pdf. I will gladly post these to help others as long as it is ok with Steve Cole / Doc.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:30 PM
user 9375875
Banned

I hear there will be a new manual out shortly with more tuning information. That should help! --Gary

Old 04-16-2009, 09:06 PM
hrly_tech
Intermediate

how are these new manuals supposed to be released? through an update?

Old 04-16-2009, 09:15 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Not sure how the updates are going to get out. It appears Doc has been banned from the list. I can't e-mail him from my HDF account.

Anybody have contact info for him, outside of HDForums?

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information