Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 11:27 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Post up in a box.com account the calibration you are running and the last few VTune data files.

The following users liked this post:
SSTuner (05-30-2016)
Old 05-30-2016, 11:32 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by rsking45
Hay all,
I have a 2015 street glide all that has been done is stage 1 ac. Im replacing my 2into2 with the pro pipe. Correct me if im wrong but would I use cal DAC617-04 as a starting point?
this cal is for for a 103 stock cam with D&d fatcat.
Im new to the tts so any help would be greatly appreciated
I don't think you are being ignored except for the fact this is a long holiday weekend.

I didn't look up the cal # to match your bike because I'm running wide open with the holiday but.... good luck tuning a stage I bike with the pro pipe. Seems when I do it for others there is a flat spot down low that I can't tune out.

Am sure others will chime in later....

Old 05-30-2016, 11:44 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Some answers for you below in blue....

Originally Posted by dero338
Hi, I have a 2014 FATBOB with Harlen Ness inverted air cleaner and I should receive SE slip on soon.
informations I have read and heard are quite off. some will tell me my byke wont work if I dont get it tuned by the dealer and anything else is crap. some others will say I wont need to do anything until I change cams. Both statements are BS. A new bike straight from the factory needs to be tuned properly and the dealer isn't God or the Holy Ghost when it comes to tuning.

I have tuned diesel engines bigger than my house in the past, but electronic injection is new to me.
but here is where I am at:
lean mixture can overheat engine and cause dammage. known this for decades.

if trottle response is good at all RPM, spark plugs are light brown, no smoke, no back fires and no signs of overheat, mixture should be fine? Not necessarily, you can burn pistons, valves... wash down cylinder walls you name it. Tune the bike regardless if you have modifications or not.

then, searching for which tuner would fit best my needs, I found some info about the TTS mastertuner.

if I understand it right:
-- once its hooked up to my bike, there is no way it can work on an other bike. It will not flash any other bike but it will collect data on any bike.

--I can save factory programation and restore it to the bike anytime I want. True

--I can save my programations on a stick in case my laptop crashes. True but your stock calibration and last calibration flashed to the bike are stored inside the TTS module.

--once I have downloaded a prefab programation I can adjust air/fuel mixture target for any given combination of RPM/Trottle. Not sure of your wording but once you install a library calibration from TTS you reset the calibration to VTune settings then VTune the bike as prescribed.

--I can leave the blue device connected on the bike to record data during a ride and analyse it on the laptop back home and finetune the programation. True, that is called Flight recorder and VTune

--once the ECM is properly tuned, I dont need the TTS on the bike anymore until I do some more modifications. True

-- If engine is not knocking at any load/rpm, and trottle response is good, I shoud not fool around with ignition timing. Somewhat true... you can let VTune assist with the timing but if you like the way the bike runs then leave it alone.

--if I change cams in the future or go to bigger bore, all I will have to do is reprogram the ECM to new engine specs and fine tune again. True

a friend of mine got is roadglide tune by the dealer after pipes and air cleaner change and it backfires like h...
this is why I am not to warm to spend 250$ on a factory prefab programation and I am looking for a tuner. Have him VTune the bike himself.

I dont want to have any stuff hanging around on my bike so its why the TTS has hooked my attention. TTS is not the only flash tune device
and if I want to get acces to a DYNO, I will have to drive all day one way.

If the ECM dies and need to replace it, will the ser# of my bike be programed in new ECM so I can still use my TTS to tune it? Send the new ECM and your TTS to TTS and they will assist there. Call them first.

Did I get that stuff right? Mostly yes....

if the battery goes dead or disconected, will the programation be lost and need to be reflashed? No, you will not lose any programing.

any links on informations about this will be apprciated. Look at the TTS for Dummies in my signature for a good read.

tanks for any help and sorry if it have been discussed before and did not find it.

dero

THere ya go....

Old 05-30-2016, 01:41 PM
SSTuner
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Post up in a box.com account the calibration you are running and the last few VTune data files.
The files are in zip form called Rays TTS CVO

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zucgztg0s...otg9Rz97a?dl=0

Thanks
Ray

Old 06-01-2016, 02:14 PM
rsking45
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
I don't think you are being ignored except for the fact this is a long holiday weekend.

I didn't look up the cal # to match your bike because I'm running wide open with the holiday but.... good luck tuning a stage I bike with the pro pipe. Seems when I do it for others there is a flat spot down low that I can't tune out.

Am sure others will chime in later....
Not feeling ignored. I sent a msg off to tts and yes I was told to use that map.
I got a smokin deal on the pro pipe That's why I bought it and if it don't work out I'll sell it and loose very little

Old 06-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Tsani
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Reversion ? question

Just got done rebuilding my engine this winter and have chasing a few problems. Here is one that has me perplexed. This started occurring before the rebuild and if I remember correctly, it started after I changed the slip-ons to a spare set I had. Same brand, size, etc. Cycle Shacks MHD-139T to be exact. This is my Third set of them in 110000 miles.So I did a data run like I always do, just about anytime I am on the bike I am collecting data, and I notice this. Changed the O2 sensors, same deal. So this winter I rewired the sensors, new plugs, pins etc. Same thing. Has me baffled. I spent a good bit of time ensuring I don't have a exhaust leak (did, fixed). Same same. So, I am wondering if it could be reversion or over exhausting? Photos 1 and 2 are the same day, same tune file, the third is a different day, different file but similar. Thanks.

Edit: forgot to add, the head pipe is a stock one with the cross over. Anthe green trace is the rear pipe.

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-reversion2.jpg   TTS Mastertune Information-reversion1.jpg   TTS Mastertune Information-reversion3.jpg  
Old 06-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsani
Just got done rebuilding my engine this winter and have chasing a few problems. Here is one that has me perplexed. This started occurring before the rebuild and if I remember correctly, it started after I changed the slip-ons to a spare set I had. Same brand, size, etc. Cycle Shacks MHD-139T to be exact. This is my Third set of them in 110000 miles.So I did a data run like I always do, just about anytime I am on the bike I am collecting data, and I notice this. Changed the O2 sensors, same deal. So this winter I rewired the sensors, new plugs, pins etc. Same thing. Has me baffled. I spent a good bit of time ensuring I don't have a exhaust leak (did, fixed). Same same. So, I am wondering if it could be reversion or over exhausting? Photos 1 and 2 are the same day, same tune file, the third is a different day, different file but similar. Thanks.

Edit: forgot to add, the head pipe is a stock one with the cross over. Anthe green trace is the rear pipe.
The 02 sensors are not working properly in these data streams. You said you rewired them.....just what di you rewire? What year is the bike, what pipe do you have on the bike with the cross over?
Doc

Old 06-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Tsani
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Doc,
Its an 05 FLSTNI with the 05 ecm. The head pipe is stock off an 07 softail with the stock O2 locations. The header pipe has the stock cross connect piece that is before the slip on mufflers. Removed the stock mufflers some time ago when I bumped the engine up to a 95ci and installed the 26N cams. I have been using Cycle Shack slip-ons since then. Midel MHD-138T (tapered). I did the initial O2 coversion according to the TTS guide right down to using stock wiring and colors. When I say I rewired them I mean 100% from the ecm out to the sensor plugs. In addition, the heads were ported by BigBoyz Heads before the O2 conversion. The bike was then dyno tuned by Dave Stoddard at Pocono Mountain HD.

I also just got done eye balling the mufflers on the bike and a new set I have in the box. The set on the bike have a wider opening on the bypass than the set in the box. I am going to root and find the aet I had on the bike before the set now on and compare them as well. I can also post up a jpeg showing the O2 sensors operating seemingly correct after the tune. That is why I am baffled by this. The only change was the slip-ons, the same version that I have been using. Reason for the change was discoloration (yellowing) of the mufflers.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsani
Hi Doc,
Its an 05 FLSTNI with the 05 ecm. The head pipe is stock off an 07 softail with the stock O2 locations. The header pipe has the stock cross connect piece that is before the slip on mufflers. Removed the stock mufflers some time ago when I bumped the engine up to a 95ci and installed the 26N cams. I have been using Cycle Shack slip-ons since then. Midel MHD-138T (tapered). I did the initial O2 coversion according to the TTS guide right down to using stock wiring and colors. When I say I rewired them I mean 100% from the ecm out to the sensor plugs. In addition, the heads were ported by BigBoyz Heads before the O2 conversion. The bike was then dyno tuned by Dave Stoddard at Pocono Mountain HD.

I also just got done eye balling the mufflers on the bike and a new set I have in the box. The set on the bike have a wider opening on the bypass than the set in the box. I am going to root and find the aet I had on the bike before the set now on and compare them as well. I can also post up a jpeg showing the O2 sensors operating seemingly correct after the tune. That is why I am baffled by this. The only change was the slip-ons, the same version that I have been using. Reason for the change was discoloration (yellowing) of the mufflers.
I'd like to see the original data you took with the TTS if you would send it to me at hdmd88@yahoo.com
I want to see whats happening with everything else.
Doc

Old 06-02-2016, 08:06 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 567 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc 1
I'd like to see the original data you took with the TTS if you would send it to me at hdmd88@yahoo.com
I want to see whats happening with everything else.
Doc

Me too.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information