Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 04:52 PM
ppro
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hrdtail78
Or..since we set knock retard tables to zero, did our dyno run, reset the knock retard table to original numbers and flashed to the engine.... should we just make minor manual changes to the timing, to eliminated the remaining knock, between 2100 and 2400 rpm.. ? Your thought..?

Old 05-19-2016, 05:11 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 567 Likes on 393 Posts

If you feel like doing it yourself. Go for it. I don't know what level of cal you are using, but if not a can level. You can just record spark data with flight recorder for a ride. Look at the data in the 3D graph and see the area that needs to be addressed. Or you could collect the data and use Vtune3 with just the spark data with no fuel data.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:20 PM
ppro
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hrdtail78 and Doc 1
Thank you very much for the clarification, thoughts and suggestions. I really appreciate it.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:17 PM
Grappa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Upgrading to MT9 File

Upgrading files to MT9

2013 CVO Ultra Classic FLHTCUSE8
Jackpot 2-1-2 Ceramic Headers
Stock CVO Hiflow A/C
Vance & Hines 450 Oversize Slip Ons with Quiet Baffle option

*Current Dyno Tune with Stock CVO slip ons

What started all this is that I took it into the dealer because she has been kicking back and coughing when starting; sometimes. They looked and asked what tuner, I say TTS and they say well looks to us like the ACR is set to off, so you’ll need to take it back to the guy who did the tune and have him turn it on..Well that tune was 2 years ago (7/2014) and he’s not there any more and so I decided “hey I can do that”. I also have a set of V&H 450 oversize with quiet baffles I want to put on, and a friend with TTS cables.

Fast forward to many hours of downloading software, reading countless pages and searching forum chatter. From what I gather I need to re-flash the tune so that the ACR window pops up and I can change the setting.
So I’ve updated the dongle and then ran into the issue of saving the current file to my laptop because of the “missing or obsolete calibration” msg. I’ve read through the info and managed to do the cut and past and also printed out all the tables; just in case and so I could see the changes if any. I noticed that the new version MT9 has more tables(11) than my original and also the suggested conversion file is also an “all market file with the exhaust valve files etc. My bike is not an “all market bike”..(does it matter??)
On page 13 of the Feb 26 2016 TTS Delphi Cal Listing it shows EUJ009 converting to EAD009 comments saying (1800 with Air Cleaner and Race Exhaust), but when I pull it up in the “Big Twin Calibration file” I’ve noticed that it shows EAD009 as an “All Market” file, and then the instructions also say to check the ECM Tuning Constants and change if different, my current page shows 4 lines under items and the converted file shows 9 lines.

So my long winded question is; what to do? is the file converted to “all market” ok to use even though it has 11 more pages of tables than mine and what about all the extra lines under “constants”. Want to make sure I do it right before I "flash and regret”.
Is there a better base file to use for my config? My tune has been pretty good up till now, gas mileage seems to be slipping and just wanted to try some new slip ons and fix the ACR.
Also posted this on the CVO site.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by Grappa; 05-21-2016 at 07:26 PM. Reason: missed something
Old 05-21-2016, 08:44 PM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 208 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Grappa
Upgrading files to MT9

2013 CVO Ultra Classic FLHTCUSE8
Jackpot 2-1-2 Ceramic Headers
Stock CVO Hiflow A/C
Vance & Hines 450 Oversize Slip Ons with Quiet Baffle option

*Current Dyno Tune with Stock CVO slip ons

What started all this is that I took it into the dealer because she has been kicking back and coughing when starting; sometimes. They looked and asked what tuner, I say TTS and they say well looks to us like the ACR is set to off, so you’ll need to take it back to the guy who did the tune and have him turn it on..Well that tune was 2 years ago (7/2014) and he’s not there any more and so I decided “hey I can do that”. I also have a set of V&H 450 oversize with quiet baffles I want to put on, and a friend with TTS cables.

Fast forward to many hours of downloading software, reading countless pages and searching forum chatter. From what I gather I need to re-flash the tune so that the ACR window pops up and I can change the setting.
So I’ve updated the dongle and then ran into the issue of saving the current file to my laptop because of the “missing or obsolete calibration” msg. I’ve read through the info and managed to do the cut and past and also printed out all the tables; just in case and so I could see the changes if any. I noticed that the new version MT9 has more tables(11) than my original and also the suggested conversion file is also an “all market file with the exhaust valve files etc. My bike is not an “all market bike”..(does it matter??)
On page 13 of the Feb 26 2016 TTS Delphi Cal Listing it shows EUJ009 converting to EAD009 comments saying (1800 with Air Cleaner and Race Exhaust), but when I pull it up in the “Big Twin Calibration file” I’ve noticed that it shows EAD009 as an “All Market” file, and then the instructions also say to check the ECM Tuning Constants and change if different, my current page shows 4 lines under items and the converted file shows 9 lines.

So my long winded question is; what to do? is the file converted to “all market” ok to use even though it has 11 more pages of tables than mine and what about all the extra lines under “constants”. Want to make sure I do it right before I "flash and regret”.
Is there a better base file to use for my config? My tune has been pretty good up till now, gas mileage seems to be slipping and just wanted to try some new slip ons and fix the ACR.
Also posted this on the CVO site.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Did you manage to save the tuned file that you've been running? What part of Va are you in? If you are willing to come to Fredericksburg I'd be happy to assist you. If not, you can email me the current MAP and ill get it converted to tree mt9 and turn on the acr's chad@wideopencycles.net

The following users liked this post:
Grappa (05-21-2016)
Old 05-21-2016, 11:02 PM
Grappa
Cruiser

Thanks Chad; I may take you up on that. I'll check the files tomorrow, i'm pretty sure I did save the current tune, I'll double check and see. Thanks for the help.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:06 AM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 208 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Grappa
Thanks Chad; I may take you up on that. I'll check the files tomorrow, i'm pretty sure I did save the current tune, I'll double check and see. Thanks for the help.
No problem. Hopefully you have a,copy of the dyno tuned Map

Old 05-23-2016, 12:05 PM
dero338
Stage II
Default TTS mastertuner, did I figured it out right?

Hi, I have a 2014 FATBOB with Harlen Ness inverted air cleaner and I should receive SE slip on soon.
informations I have read and heard are quite off. some will tell me my byke wont work if I dont get it tuned by the dealer and anything else is crap. some others will say I wont need to do anything until I change cams.

I have tuned diesel engines bigger than my house in the past, but electronic injection is new to me.
but here is where I am at:
lean mixture can overheat engine and cause dammage. known this for decades.

if trottle response is good at all RPM, spark plugs are light brown, no smoke, no back fires and no signs of overheat, mixture should be fine?

then, searching for which tuner would fit best my needs, I found some info about the TTS mastertuner.

if I understand it right:
-- once its hooked up to my bike, there is no way it can work on an other bike.
--I can save factory programation and restore it to the bike anytime I want.
--I can save my programations on a stick in case my laptop crashes.
--once I have downloaded a prefab programation I can adjust air/fuel mixture target for any given combination of RPM/Trottle.
--I can leave the blue device connected on the bike to record data during a ride and analyse it on the laptop back home and finetune the programation.
--once the ECM is properly tuned, I dont need the TTS on the bike anymore until I do some more modifications.
-- If engine is not knocking at any load/rpm, and trottle response is good, I shoud not fool around with ignition timing.
--if I change cams in the future or go to bigger bore, all I will have to do is reprogram the ECM to new engine specs and fine tune again.

a friend of mine got is roadglide tune by the dealer after pipes and air cleaner change and it backfires like h...
this is why I am not to warm to spend 250$ on a factory prefab programation and I am looking for a tuner.

I dont want to have any stuff hanging around on my bike so its why the TTS has hooked my attention.
and if I want to get acces to a DYNO, I will have to drive all day one way.

If the ECM dies and need to replace it, will the ser# of my bike be programed in new ECM so I can still use my TTS to tune it?

Did I get that stuff right?

if the battery goes dead or disconected, will the programation be lost and need to be reflashed?

any links on informations about this will be apprciated.

tanks for any help and sorry if it have been discussed before and did not find it.

dero

Old 05-23-2016, 07:39 PM
rsking45
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Hay all,
I have a 2015 street glide all that has been done is stage 1 ac. Im replacing my 2into2 with the pro pipe. Correct me if im wrong but would I use cal DAC617-04 as a starting point?
this cal is for for a 103 stock cam with D&d fatcat.
Im new to the tts so any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 05-30-2016, 11:16 AM
SSTuner
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Finalized my TTS programming after six Flight Recorder rides (restored Main Lambda, Closed Loop Bias, Adaptive Knock Retard Level Limit and PE Mode) and programmed the bike.

Ran into an issue while in DC yesterday during Rolling Thunder. I could sense the bike going into EITMS and as I started to accelerate the bike died. Bike immediatley restarted with a loud knock/bang first. This happened twice. I did check the oil temperature via the H-D digital thermometer and it was 257 degrees.

My starting calibration was EAS617-04, for my 2016 CVO Pro Street. Only mod, gutted the catalytic convertor material and punched out the blocking plug in which I later installed a washer with a 1/2 diameter hole back here the blocking plug was.

Bike runs super strong, I am concerned about what the “knock/bang” was.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information