Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 10:37 PM
Timmy T
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
If you are that close to Steve why not give the data to him. He can analyze it quicker than I.

I'm sure your logger and cables are OK... think software driver update.
Got my connection issues ironed out. Needed to make some adjustments to my AV software and then uninstalled and reinstalled tts software & driver. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction in that regard. I'll drop the sample data off with Steve this week and post his findings.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:56 PM
Timmy T
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok Mr Wizard, and all that may be reading this. I did a data recording of the bike idling capturing the stumble and knock. However, I came to the conclusion that although the engine stumbles the knock may not be coming from the cylinder head. It seems that the knock is coming from the primary drive which is identifiable because it goes away when the clutch lever is pulled in. I feel now that the issue may be related to a lose compensator nut, clutch or something of that sort. I'm now going to take the bike to the dealer to get there opinion but I'm quit sure that the knock is not a fuel management issue. The stumble may be, but first things first. More to follow.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:05 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

OK Timmy

I talked to Steve and he is expecting you if you still want to drop by.

Old 02-16-2016, 02:15 PM
avonflhtk
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been awhile since I've been on here, but there was some talk for awhile about TTS maybe offering some sort of a trade in for us guys that bought the black dongle right before the blue one came out. Does anyone know if there have been any updates or are we just stuck with it?

Old 02-16-2016, 02:27 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by avonflhtk
It's been awhile since I've been on here, but there was some talk for awhile about TTS maybe offering some sort of a trade in for us guys that bought the black dongle right before the blue one came out. Does anyone know if there have been any updates or are we just stuck with it?
I would call Vicki or Steve @ TTS to discuss this. Anything posted here would be pure speculation unless Wiz knows something I don't know.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:27 AM
mrkt50
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by avonflhtk
I've been waiting for the same. I think there waiting for us to just die off.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:03 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

just talked to Vicki.

they're trying to figure something out but nothing yet. To be honest, I wouldn't hold my breath and I say that for good reason.

If they offer this up, who's to say every tom dick and harry that wants a blue dongle is not going to run right to fleabay (and yes many people have stock piles of these just as they do SE tuners) to get a black dongle for nothing and send to them. Now I get that the trade should be imposed strictly for the same bike but that doesn't account for the guys that say yeah it goes on this bike, send it in, a tech spends time determining it's actually not for the same bike, then shipping it back to a pissed off customer who thinks they're entitled, etc. Who pays for all that time and shipping.

I definitely see the catch 22 for Steve and TTS with this.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:34 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

A few things about the black to blue conversion.

1. There has been little to no interest directed at TTS for them to offer this swap out.

2. For the swap out to begin they must write the program that you will download and run on your computer plugged into the black dongle and it plugged into your bike. This program will recognize the dongle and bike and write a text report which you print off. You take your dongle and the report and send it to TTS after getting an RMA from them. Once they have this mess they will send you a blue TTS programmed to your bike. It's the same way as it has always been. (This will stop the Tom, Dick and Harry routine as it has in the past)

Until they see interest generated to the point where it will motivate them to write this software and make the program available there will NOT be a black to blue swap.

Let me repeat this... there is not nor will there be a black to blue swap until TTS sees interest build.

(Don't kill the messenger, call TTS and make a request)

Old 02-25-2016, 04:05 PM
avonflhtk
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"call TTS and make a request"

I did call last week and talked to Vicky. Very nice lady and said she would bring it up with Steve again.

Old 02-25-2016, 04:23 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

I have a black dongle on a bike I own... I talked to Steve yesterday.

If it becomes a priority they will follow though but if only a few make the request it won't happen.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information